Project Manager – Wealth Technology
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
This is a Project Manager position at Royal Bank. This position is with the Project Delivery Office of Wealth Management Technology & Solutions, a part of Royal Bank’s Technology and Operations division. Our group leads and delivers projects for the RBC Wealth Management line of business and for the operations teams that support that line of business. RBC Wealth Management directly serves affluent, high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients globally with a full suite of banking, investment, trust and other wealth management solutions. RBC Wealth Management has C$1.05 trillion of assets under administration, almost C$782 billion of assets under management and more than 4,800 financial consultants, advisors, private bankers, and trust officers.
The Project Manager is responsible for developing the deliverables and implementing them into an organized project plan, and acts as the single point of contact for the project. The Project Manager must quickly learn the business objectives and project concepts and lead the team through to successful completion. Develops the detailed work packages, schedules, budgets, identifies the necessary resources and provides regular updates and communications to stakeholders/sponsors. Oversees and manages each project deliverable including vendor-related deliverables for quality and completion.
The Project Manager must work with minimum supervision and full accountability, including people leadership, directing work efforts and finding timely solutions to technical problems and people management issues. You will direct the activities of others clarify timelines and quality requirements and will be responsible for effectively engaging team members on the achievement of superior results.
What will you do?
- Plans and executes projects with Low to Medium Complexity, with a project cost of less than C$2MM.
- Manages project scope, requirement changes, multiple and competing demands and priorities as well as determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk using appropriate metrics.
- Works with Business/Technology Owners to ensure that the deliverables achieve the desired business results.
- Engages Technology-specific governance processes to ensure IT Risk and compliance due diligence is applied, ensuring project adheres to applicable risk and compliance procedures, as relevant to impacts resulting from the change being introduced by the project.
- Ensures change management processes are embraced by Project team members, where applicable, in developing, managing and tracking deliverables for the project.
- Uses applicable processes and designated tools for project cost recovery of project team resources.
What do you need to succeed?
- Proven experience leading projects within the financial services industry
- Experience delivering projects using various methodologies, including Agile and iterative waterfall project methodologies.
- Experience following project management best practices and methodologies
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, other PM tools
- Understanding of IT principles, including project lifecycles, testing, estimating and architecture
- General management skills including negotiating, communicating and team building
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent experience
- Experience managing several significant projects simultaneously
- Experience mentoring and guiding teams with project methodology
- Previous RBC or Wealth Management experience
- PMP, CSM, CSC Certification
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.