Project Manager- Water
City : MEDICINE HAT
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Manager- Water - ( 230000PL )
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake—whether at the local, regional, or watershed level— thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities’ unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We’re a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that’s critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
An opportunity currently exists for an Intermediate Project Manager (PM) in our Medicine Hat Water Group. The right candidate will have a combination of project management and technical skills suited to lead and participate in the delivery of wide variety of projects including water conveyance, water resources, community development and transportation projects for municipal and private sector clients. Projects may include greenfield infrastructure, expansion/upgrades to existing systems, trenchless installations and rehabilitation. It is expected that the Intermediate Project Manager will utilize their knowledge and experience on similar projects to guide their project teams.
The Intermediate Project Manager will perform a variety of tasks which may include client meetings, financial management, schedule management, coordination of tasks and personnel, and mentoring junior staff. You will lead project teams in the execution projects to ensure delivery, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness, and participate in the design as appropriate.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Planning and design execution of conveyance and civil projects and related infrastructure.
- Manage client expectations and relationships.
- Oversee and manage assigned projects. Be responsible for the delivery of projects of varying level of complexity.
- Set the priorities for your project teams, including defining their scope of work, budgets and their schedules for completing the work.
- Serve as the project's point of contact with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals.
- Manage and monitor both the financial performance of budgets and on time delivery performance of assigned projects.
- Conduct or arrange for quality assurance and quality control reviews, including the evaluation of the completed work for accuracy and completeness.
- Participate in the design as skills dictate, and to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Provide mentoring to other developing project managers.
- Engage in leadership in Professional organizations that align with expertise; write technical papers and delivers technical presentations for conference.
- Assist and/or lead the development of proposals and participate in contract negotiation.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven project management experience on infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management procedures and principals.
- Excellent communication, written, and presentation skills.
- Collaborative in nature, with ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of all phases of project implementation, and strong understanding of engineering design processes.
- Advanced understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Technical experience on water infrastructure projects.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Office software suite. Experience with Microsoft Project is an asset.
- Knowledge of design software and tools which may include AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Knowledge and experience working with municipal clients in Alberta.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institute.
- Registered with APEGA as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or eligible for registration.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Minimum five (5) years of consulting experience, primarily related to civil infrastructure, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in project management.
- Experience in the consulting engineering environment and project management experience is an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Medicine Hat
Organization : BC-1101 Water-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 13, 2023, 1:18:07 PM
Req ID: 230000PL
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans