Project Manager- Water
City : RED DEER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Manager- Water - ( 220003JD )
At Stantec, we approach every water, wastewater and storm water project we undertake—whether at the local, regional, or national scale — thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities’ unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We’re a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that’s critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
An opportunity currently exists for a Project Manager (PM) in our Red Deer office. The right candidate will have a combination of project management and technical skills suited to lead and participate in the delivery of conveyance and civil projects primarily for municipal clients, and also some industrial and private sector clients.
Projects may include expansion/upgrades to existing systems, urban water, sewer, storm water and roadway rehabilitation, regional water and wastewater systems, multi-discipline pump and lift station systems, trenchless installations, and others. It is expected that the Project Manager will utilize their knowledge and experience on similar projects to guide their project teams.
The Project Manager will perform a variety of tasks which may include leading client meetings, financial management, schedule management, coordination of multi-discipline projects, teams, tasks and personnel, technical report preparation and delivery, leading and participating in proposal preparation and delivery and mentoring junior staff. You will lead project teams in the execution of projects to ensure excellent delivery, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness, and participate in the design as appropriate.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Planning and design execution of conveyance and civil projects and related infrastructure.
- Managing project deliverables, administering contracts, and controlling project financials and schedules. Be responsible for the delivery of projects of varying level of complexity.
- Manage and monitor both the financial performance of budgets and on time delivery performance of assigned projects.
- Leading pursuits and proposals for water and wastewater conveyance infrastructure, including assembling project teams and participate in contract negotiation.
- Set the priorities for your project teams, including defining their scope of work, budgets and their schedules for completing the work.
- Coordination of design teams throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Contract document preparation, including front-end contracts, detailed design drawings, and specifications.
- Conduct or arrange for quality assurance and quality control reviews, including the evaluation of the completed work for accuracy and completeness.
- Serve as the project's point of contact with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals.
- Mentoring junior and intermediate staff to develop project management and technical skills.
- Manage client expectations, maintaining and developing strong client relationships.
- Participate in the design as skills dictate, and to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Engage in leadership in Professional organizations that align with expertise; write technical papers and delivers technical presentations for conference.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven project management experience on water infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management procedures and principals.
- Registered with APEGA as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or eligible for registration.
- Strong design leadership and client relation building skills with proven capability to lead design teams and mentor staff.
- Registration as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is considered an asset.
- Strong communication, written and presentation skills and experience in presenting designs and concepts to clients and colleagues.
- Collaborative in nature, with ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Understanding of all phases of project implementation, and strong understanding of engineering design processes.
- Technical experience on water and wastewater infrastructure projects. Strong understanding of conveyance and civil engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Knowledge and experience working with municipal clients in Alberta.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Office software suite. Experience with Microsoft Project is an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institute.
- Related graduate degree would be an asset.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the engineering industry.
- Minimum two (2) years of consulting experience, primarily in the design of water and wastewater conveyance and related civil infrastructure
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in project management.
- Experience in the consulting engineering environment and project management experience is an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Red Deer
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Fort McMurray, Canada-Alberta-Lethbridge, Canada-Alberta-Medicine Hat
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1101 Water-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 14, 2022, 11:46:28 AM
Req ID: 220003JD
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans