Project Manager – Water
City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Manager - Water - ( 2300041P )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Stantec’s Calgary office is seeking a Project Manager (Engineering, Water/Wastewater) to join our highly successful water and wastewater practice. Although the team is based out of Calgary Office, we are a global firm, and alternative locations will be considered for preferred candidates.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Planning and design execution of complex water and wastewater treatment projects and related infrastructure.
- Leading pursuits and proposals for water and wastewater infrastructure, including assembling project teams.
- Managing project deliverables, administering contracts, and controlling project financials and schedules.
- Coordination of multidisciplinary design teams throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Contract document preparation, including front-end contracts, detailed design drawings, and specifications.
- Mentoring staff to develop project management and technical skills.
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships
- Coordinating and conducting Quality Management reviews.
Your Qualifications and Credentials
- Experience with managing alternative project delivery is considered an asset.
- Registered as a professional engineer with APEGA or similar, or ability to apply for designation within one year.
- A strong technical understanding of municipal water, municipal wastewater, and industrial water treatment design and engineering.
- Knowledge and experience working with municipal clients.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum seven years of engineering experience, primarily in the design of municipal water, municipal wastewater, and industrial water treatment infrastructure, with a minimum of five years’ experience in project management
- Registration as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is considered an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1101 Water-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 4, 2023, 10:53:45 AM
Req ID: 2300041P
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans