Project Manager, Transportation Major Projects Delivery
City : Winnipeg, MB
Category : T&I - Highways, Bridges & Roads
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Transportation & Infrastructure – Major Projects Delivery group, located at our Winnipeg office. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for leading and delivering multi disciplinary and alternative delivery projects. These will include major transportation infrastructure such as Highways, Bridges, Transit, and Municipal.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Assist in leading pursuits and delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Manage completion of technical milestones and phases of projects
- Manage projects budget and schedule
- Liaison with clients and the project team
- Responsible for coordination of multi-disciplinary design teams
- Review design drawings and prepare presentation materials including PowerPoint presentations
- Manage contract specifications and documentation
- Liaison with all discipline team members, sub-consultants, and agencies
- Implement and oversee project quality control and quality assurance
- Manage resolution of project issues, identification of mitigation measures
- Review and analyze project schedules for activities, milestones, and critical path
- Prepare proposals, project cost estimates, and budgets
- Other duties as assigned/required
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering (Civil Engineering preferred) from an accredited university
- Registered Professional Engineer in Canada (MB preferred) or Project Management Professional (PMP preferred)
- Minimum 6 years of related experience
- Experience leading/coordinating multi-disciplinary teams of project professionals
- Experience with transportation infrastructure including highways, bridges, transit, municipal, etc.
- Strategic, conceptual analytical thinking and decision making skills
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage project deadlines
- Experience with schedule software is an asset (MS Project or P6)
- Demonstrated willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiastic team player
- Excellent oral and written and presentation skills
- Be flexible and have the ability to work on multiple projects of varied complexity with minimal supervision