Project Manager – Oil & Gas
City : Markham
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Manager - Oil & Gas - ( 23000215 )
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there’s no end to the scope and significance of your work — and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we’re problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you’ll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that’s critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing — and we’re helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that’s working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the Energy team in our Waterloo or Markham office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Identify project resources needed and communicate needs to applicable department personnel.
- Create and execute project work plans or project execution plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Be the client interface and primary point of communication.
- Direct Project Engineers and full engineering disciplines to meet project needs.
- Review key project deliverables for technical feasibility and to ensure multi-discipline engineering documents are cohesive.
- Ensure compliance with project plan and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate the project engineering team for the execution of the design of projects.
- Establish and execute project framework to promote quality, value, timeliness, and profitability.
- Provide overall risk management reporting at the portfolio and project level. - Approve and develop DBM, Scope documents, Work Breakdown Structures, Project Code Accounts, and Framing documents.
- Coordinate key meetings or review points.
- Ensure local, provincial, and federal codes and standards are being met. - Develop and refine throughout, Project Cost Estimates, including a Basis of Estimate.
- Develop, maintain, and track progress against Master Project Schedule.
- Manage Project Cost Control, budget vs. actual, and implement change management activities accordingly.
- Monitor, assess and report progress within the projects to client and develop applicable project reports accordingly.
- Reinforce corporate quality and safety standards, on a project level.
- Oversee the implementation of corporate quality and safety standards into the projects.
- Working with the Project Engineer, oversee and coordinate the preparation of engineering work scope and cost estimations.
- Function as designated contract liaison with client on project contract performance and delivery.
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for projects.
- Follow up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Working with the Project Engineer, provide direction to Procurement for planning: vendor selection, prepare and issue request for quotations, vendor bid evaluations and selection, equipment.
- Alongside the Project Engineer ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Promote the HSE program throughout all phases of the project.
- Promote innovation throughout all phases of the project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Flexible execution able to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Project work experience in the midstream and downstream oil and gas industry is an asset. Previous Pipeline, Pump, Compressor, Oil Terminal and Heavy Industry experience preferred.
- Experienced in writing proposals.
- Extensive experience with pipeline system design, construction, and federal/provincial regulatory jurisdictions.
- Past experience supervising 5-10 other engineering staff/project teams.
- Experience with Canadian jurisdictions and their various acts and regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Travel to field locations in Ontario and Quebec may be required.
- Fluent in both official languages is considered an asset.
Education and Experience
Minimum 12 years of energy pipeline, midstream facilities, and heavy industry design experience. Minimum 8 years of consulting engineering experience as a Project Manager required. Professional Engineering P. Eng, or OIQ designation, along with Project Management Certification (PMP), is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1265 Energy-CA Central
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 8, 2023, 8:41:06 AM
Req ID: 23000215
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans