Project Manager – Indoor Environment
City : Ottawa
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Manager – Indoor Environment - ( 220001ZV )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are currently seeking an Indoor Environment Project Manager for our Markham, Mississauga, Waterloo, London or Ottawa office. The successful candidate will be part of Indoor Environments Team, and under the direction of a Team Leader and will be responsible to manage assessment and abatement monitoring projects, related to hazardous materials, mould, indoor air quality, industrial hygiene projects, including the review of technical reports. The individual must be capable of working independently, as well as able to provide mentorship and guidance to the junior Indoor Environments staff.
If you are interested in demonstrating your technical and project management abilities while working on interesting and challenging projects, we’d like to hear from you!
Your Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Team Leader your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Planning/conducting/providing technical guidance and project management for hazardous materials assessments, which may be asbestos, lead, PCBs, ozone depleting substances, radon, and mould among other, and may include oversight of abatement projects.
- Using your technical expertise in conducting, reporting and interpreting indoor air quality assessments and hazardous materials abatement projects, including detailed knowledge of both provincial and federal standards and regulations.
- Client relationship management, business development and proposal writing.
- Liaising with and directing contractors, coordinating field activities, mentoring junior and intermediate staff.
- Preparing various reports, technical specifications, and proposals for indoor environmental projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- General knowledge of buildings and building construction, as well as testing/sampling protocols.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and problem solving ability are essential in your work with team members and clients where client service is of highest priority.
- Registration or certifications as P.Eng., CIH, ROH or CRSP are definite assets but not mandatory.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- A valid driver's license and vehicle are required.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary training, diploma or degree pertaining to environmental technology, building sciences, occupational/industrial hygiene or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years of experience in hazardous materials and indoor environment field with progressively increasing responsibilities including conducting quality reviews, client relationships; demonstrated consulting experience and business development skills is essential.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Whitby, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Environmental Scientist
Organization : BC-1221 Environmental Services-ER-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 30, 2022, 8:49:49 AM
Req ID: 220001ZV
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans