Project Manager – Contaminated Sites
City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Manager - Contaminated Sites - ( 220000SK )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Intermediate Project Manager (Site Investigation, Remediation & Response) to join our dynamic Environmental Services team in British Columbia. As a key member of the team, you will work with the team to further solidify our project delivery and technical excellence, as well as work with senior management to help determine the future direction of the group. This will include providing technical direction and guidance, as well as identifying business development opportunities in a fast-paced, client-facing environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Actively participate in promoting a strong health and safety culture in the team
- Support clients in various sectors including insurance and commercial real estate, all forms of government, and the natural resource sector including oil and gas
- Project Management of Phase I, II, III ESAs, Stage 1 PSI and Stage 2 PSI/DSI, remediation projects; as well as applications under the BC Contaminated Sites Regulations for regulatory instruments including Approvals in Principal and Certificates of Compliance
- Provide technical insight, guidance and review on project deliverables including management of scope, staffing, budgeting, scheduling, and health and safety.
- Provide mentorship and training junior members of the Team
- Collaborate across disciplines including Indoor Environments, Environmental Assessment, Geotechnical, Atmospheric Sciences, and Water Resources across Stantec Canada offices.
- Pursue and lead proposal and project efforts within the Site Investigation, Remediation & Response team in British Columbia including the development of work plans, associated scopes and budgets, and the procurement and retainment of necessary subcontractors
- Work with leadership to continually assess the direction of the practice
- Participating in (when required) marketing and business development meetings along with client account management.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated knowledge of the various provincial and federal environmental regulations and guidelines, with particular attention to the BC Contaminated Site Regulations and associated administrative and technical guidance documentation.
- Strong client management and communication skills are essential
- A strong affinity for teamwork and training/mentoring junior field staff is also essential for this position
- Superior, and demonstrated, verbal and written communication skills, specifically technical report writing
- Possession of a valid BC driver’s license is required
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of directly applicable experience as an Environmental Professional, with focus on contaminated sites investigation field work, project management, and writing of technical reports, including Phase I, II, III ESAs, Stage 1 PSI and Stage 2 PSI/DSIs, remediation reports.
- A University degree (Bachelor or Master's) in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology or Engineering.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a professional designation (e.g., P.Eng., P.Geo., P.Ag., etc.) is considered an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Job : Environmental Scientist
Organization : BC-1232 Environmental Services-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 28, 2022, 9:25:44 AM
Req ID: 220000SK
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans