Project Manager, Business Intelligence
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 383345
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
As a leader within the BI team and in the role of Project Manager, the successful candidate will support various types of projects affecting the BI team (New Product Introduction, New BI tool/infrastructure changes, data and/or Process Enhancements, Governance, etc.).
- Drive innovation on how work is performed using JIRA and Confluence
- Align JIRA and Confluence with PMO processes and standards
- Develop dashboards and filters in JIRA to provide end-users with operational and performance metrics and project status reports
- Support the project management office by implementing an agile approach, where applicable
- Overall management of capital funded projects, strategic projects, governance and local initiatives
- Development of end-to-end project management frameworks for internal BI support teams
- Delivery of documentation to formally initiate a project & monitor project developments including project reviews, meetings, work sessions, action-registers
- Facilitates meetings to communicate progress, status, issues, assignments and escalations
- Facilitates work sessions, focus groups and organizes demos when required
- Preparation & facilitation of internal and executive presentations related to project scope timeline, activities, issues, budget and progress as required
- Leads and collaborates on elaboration of business cases to support project scope and/or monetary investment
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Ensures that quality standards are adhered to and that projects are completed on time, on scope and on budget.
- 3+ years of JIRA and Confluence software administration experience
- Ability to write custom JQL (Jira Query Language)
- Good understanding and experience with various Agile Methodologies
- Strong interpersonal and strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate across cross-functional teams
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to different stakeholders (peers, team members, executives and clients)
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently
- Ability to design and improve project management processes, tracking tools and overall best practices
- Must be proficient in MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have at least 2+ years of project management experience; preferably technical project management
- Previous exposure and understanding of BI project delivery (data ingestion, tool integration, reporting evolution).
- Experience in owning technical program development from start to finish, and leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts
- Experience in designing and implementing/improving project management tools, documentation and processes (mapping, charting, RACI charts etc.)
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- PMP Designation or equivalent
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Don Mills || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile : Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/26/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
#Talent #Indeed #Tech
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.