City : YELLOWKNIFE
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Manager - ( 220000LW )
The buildings and infrastructure that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and work — carried us forward instead?
Our consulting practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building and infrastructure solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
We are a multidiscipline team working across the three northern Territories (Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut) in multiple sectors for a variety of clients. Our main client is government and our work focuses on improving our Northern communities through the design of new education, healthcare, transportation & communication infrastructure.
An exciting opportunity exists for an energetic, Project Manager. In this capacity, you will have the opportunity to work on multi-disciplinary projects in various sectors including Healthcare, Airports, Highways, Marine, and Education. Our highly experienced, multi-disciplinary team specializes in remote and extreme climate design. We connect the people, places, and resources that take a project from concept to reality.
In the Territories, northern traditions mix with the everyday lifestyles of modern Canadians from all cultures and backgrounds. The result is a unique sense of place that both welcomes newcomers and embraces new ideas. Whether you’re interested in an adventure filled with fishing, hunting, skiing, biking, hiking or snowmobiling, or just looking to experience life in a beautiful, small urban centre, the Territories could be the place for you. Up here, work-life balance truly exists. Build your career AND enjoy your life!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, lead and control the integration of all work packages / areas and disciplines within the project efficiently and effectively.
- Project Management leading technical direction, stakeholder management, communication plan, resources (internal/external) management and execution of overall client initiative with an integrated team approach.
- Completion of all project deliverables on schedule and budget as guided by the approved contract/changes.
- Managing change in scope, schedule, risks and costs against the project baseline.
- Interaction with project controls and associated reporting.
- Regularly interface with the client regarding project status updates and expectations.
- Ensuring that all designs incorporate safety, health, environmental and quality elements for the construction and operation of all components of the work.
- Develop and provide project status updates as well as budgetary information and remediation plans where necessary as laid out in the project performance criteria.
- Account and stakeholder management maximizing business opportunities within client accounts.
- Leading the development and progressing of the project schedule and supporting the interface with the procurement and construction schedule.
- Supporting the execution of the tender to award process, and data review for procurement and contract packages.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven understanding of project management, including design and construction process and requirements.
- Proven understanding of projects controls systems and cost control practices.
- Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications.
- Leadership of project teams from various disciplines.
- Familiarity with Canadian jurisdictions and their various acts and regulations.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to travel to client offices/sites and other Stantec offices as required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. 3-5 years plus project management experience including successfully leading large and complex projects. Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be an asset but not required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Northwest Territories-Yellowknife
Other Locations : Canada-Nunavut-Iqaluit, Canada-Yukon-Whitehorse
Job : Project Manager
Organization : BC-1449 Buildings-CA North
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 18, 2022, 9:59:26 AM
Req ID: 220000LW
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans