City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Manager - ( 2100036H )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
As a project manager within our buildings team located in Ontario, you will work to assist clients in planning and creating fiscally responsible, award-winning healthcare projects. Your experience ensures that you are familiar with healthcare design, construction plans, specifications, estimates, and Canadian building codes. You will assist a Principal in Charge who will manage a team of architects, engineers, technologists, and support staff across multiple offices, overseeing the development of integrated design proposals, functional programming, options analysis, and concept designs for various complex healthcare projects. You will be leading others while collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables as required under instruction from the Principal in Charge.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing complex tasks on multiple, medium to large scope, highly complex healthcare projects.
- Effectively participate and help to win work in interviews for potential projects.
- Plan, organize, and directs the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Keeps the overall project team informed of progress on project expectations, deadlines, and deliverables and understand the limits of the decision-making responsibilities of the role.
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Lead the client and project team to assure that the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Assists in the negotiation and development of project agreements.
- Develop and manage project budget, schedule, and overall work plan to realize target financial performance.
- Mentor Assistant Project Managers and motivate project teams.
- Assure that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Lead project coordination and client/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, client, contractor and sub-contractors.
- Manage and track change orders, applications for payment by contractors and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Evaluate, advise on and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Work with Operations Leader in determining project staffing needs and recommending personnel.
- Direct client invoicing and effectively manage collections.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong experience managing healthcare projects $100M or greater in construction cost.
- Previous experience working with federal, provincial and/or municipal clients is preferred.
- Design-build and alternate project delivery experience preferred.
- Extensive project experience supporting the ability to win work during proposal response.
- Capable of simultaneously supporting multiple projects.
- Excellent understanding of healthcare design codes and guidelines, accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Proactively take appropriate action without requiring continued direction or guidance.
- Effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Excellent negotiator and communicator.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Prefer experience with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or related field & Registered Architect or Registered Professional Engineer. Minimum of 12 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-1400 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 20, 2021, 7:53:47 AM
Req ID: 2100036H
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans