Project Management Co-op Student
City : Toronto, ON, CAN
Category : See posting
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Vale
Join Vale today. Continuously learn throughout your career.
Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. Together. We value our workforce and strive to offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale Base Metals is one of the world's largest producers of high-quality nickel and an important producer of copper and responsibly sourced cobalt. With headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations in Newfoundland & Labrador, Ontario, Manitoba, UK, Indonesia, and Brazil, we are delivering the critical building blocks for a cleaner, greener future.
Applying the latest technologies to sustainably mine the critical minerals that power electric vehicles, build renewable energy solutions, and help develop life-saving medical equipment is at the heart of what we do.
We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our corporate office, located in downtown Toronto serves as the headquarters for the global Base Metals business, providing support to all our Base Metals operations. In Mississauga, Vale’s Base Metals Technology Development team work to improve Vale’s competitive edge and support its growth strategies by coming up with safer and more environmentally responsible technology.
We are currently seeking a Project Management Co-op Student for Spring 2024 to join our Vale Base Metals Change Management Team based in Toronto, ON. This is a 12-month position working in a remote environment.
As a Project Management Student, you will support the implementation of the Vale Base Metals Change Management Program, which include evaluating demands for CM, supporting governance and reports, supporting initiatives owners to describe their needs, connecting working teams, helping ensure the proper cadence of the plans and following up of ongoing projects.
In this position, you will:
- Work directly with managers and change management leaders in the organization.
- Support the most strategic projects in the company.
- Manage assigned projects in a manner that meets quality, time, and resource requirements.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in handling critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Have the opportunity to build relationships with people in the business.
- Currently enrolled as a student in a Master’s (Co-Op) Program.
- Concentration in BA Comms, BBA, or International Business is preferred.
- Solid verbal, written and analytical communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – particularly Excel.
- Proven time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
What’s in it for You?
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunities to build your network and lots of fun!
Difference Makes All the Difference:
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and Vale values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Apply By: February 21, 2024