Project Management and Business Development Professional
City : Ottawa, ON
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
OTTAWA, ST. JOHN'S, VANCOUVER, CALGARY, TORONTO
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
You’ll be a driving force within the growth and execution branch of WSP’s Digital Environment team, bringing in new clients and ensuring they gain maximum value from our services.
Our team is a national leader in operational and strategic resilience, supporting governments and industry around the world. We provide real-time weather forecasting and consulting services, weather risk insights, climate vulnerability and risk assessments, oceanographic and complex systems modelling, in situ and remote sensing expertise, emergency management consulting, as well as a diversity of related digital solutions and supporting services.
Our business is evolving at an incredible pace, creating unique career opportunities for those looking for a new and fulfilling challenge. We constantly embrace change and are on the search for our next generation of brilliant employees, specifically those who have a passion for weather and helping clients become more resilient in the face of climate change. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact with an organization that truly cares about industry and societal challenges and to make a difference in the communities in which we operate.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Project management and client account management
- Drive profitable growth of WSP E&I Canada's climate services across Canada and abroad.
- Prepare effective technical and financial proposals, either in response to a customer RFP or proactively, including value proposition, terms, and negotiating pricing with suppliers
- Become an expert in the corporate requirements that govern WSP’s sales
- Maintain current knowledge of the corporate processes/protocols as they evolve
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with current and new customers
- Take an active role in the development of new opportunities.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Maintain a network of industry contacts
- Participate in industry associations applicable to key lines of business
- Organize and participate in Scientific Workshops, Trade Shows, Conferences, Presentations, etc. (some travel will be required)
- Develop creative sales strategies and tools to increase new account success
- Explore possibilities to complement / enhance the current business offerings of the organization
- Develop and execute business cases, sales plans, marketing plans, expansions plans, and capture plans as needed
- Drive the development and execution of key initiatives to ensure key metrics and sales objectives are met
- Collaborate with Marketing Department for strategic positioning
- Participate in sales calls, meetings, and business reviews to provide support for clients and the team
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts
- Maintain sales database, recording all sales activity and relevant client information into CRM
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) with the ability to interact with a variety of levels in the organization, including multi-discipline engineering and environmental teams.
- Industry understanding/knowledge in a Sector that aligns with our services (Asset Management, Aviation, Agriculture, Transportation, Government, Etc.)
- Experience in client engagement and relations.
- Demonstrated excellence in technical proposal preparation.
- Strong account management and sales background
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in consultative selling, strategic selling, account management, and business negotiation
- Experience in a service-oriented business
- A proven record of performance, meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Understanding and experience with KPIs
- Strategic sales and business development competency
- Pricing management and analysis
- University Degree in Business, Marketing, Business/Administration, Management, MBA, Communications and/or a Technical, Scientific discipline
- Advanced degrees and Professional designations preferred
- Experience in facilitating workshops and stakeholders’ engagement.
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations to different audiences (technical and non-technical; small and large groups).
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player with a flexible, winning, positive attitude
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed.
- Adaptable and flexible as requirements and the needs of the business change and new direction is required.
- Conceptualize new services that will develop new capabilities and provide competitive opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and CRM related tools
- Willingness to travel
The successful candidate may not have all the above skills and experience. Preference will be given to candidates with strong communication and leadership skills and the ability to manage competing priorities, while keeping client needs front of mind.