City : North Bay
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Geologist - ( 220001HZ )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We are a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
Our Canadian Mining team has an immediate need for a Project Geologist to serve various clients. This is an opportunity to work on a variety of both domestic and international projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collect, document, analyze and assess geological data from various sources and data sets.
- Audit and perform adequate quality control checks of various data sets.
- Recommend additional diamond drilling to ensure block models meet resource/reserve classifications.
- Analyses and interprets data with respect to geological modelling and grade control.
- Prepares geology and resource/reserve estimates.
- Develop and support execution of mine exploration programs and the evaluation of exploration results.
- Assists and works closely with Mining Engineers to prepare Mine Plans.
- Conducts specialized geological projects; applies theoretical and practical knowledge to analyses and solution of specific problems.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Advanced skills in technical writing
- Strong understanding of Datamine wireframing and block modeling methodology and techniques.
- Strong computer skills in Cad-based software, Datamine Studio, Gemcom or other 3D modelling software.
- Ability to present written and oral reports on area of expertise.
- Leader able to demonstrate value of continuous improvement of technical performance.
- Champions new ideas and initiatives, and creates an environment that supports creativity and innovation.
- Maintains productive professional and personal networking relationships.
- Drives collaborative efforts within the region and beyond to deliver consistent, high quality and appropriately scoped technical work.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology. Licensed Professional Engineer/Geologist.
- Minimum 8 years related geological modelling experience.
- Must be a member in good standing with a Professional Association of Geoscientists or be eligible for application (P.Geo).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEnergized
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan, Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Alberta, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-British Columbia
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 27, 2023, 3:20:58 PM
Req ID: 220001HZ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans