Project Facilitator Coordinator
City : Moncton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Facilitator Coordinator - ( 230000XI )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec has an opportunity for an Environmental Project Coordinator to support growth in our Atlantic Team. The ideal candidate for this position is one that can build on and maintain existing client relationships to support the delivery of Stantec’s projects as a key member of our project management teams while working closely with project managers, field staff, and contractors. Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and contributing to projects associated with environmental assessments, monitoring, and permitting activities for a variety of industries in Atlantic Canada.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop, manage and support components of environmental services projects
- Promoting a strong health and safety culture and actively participate in Stantec’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment Program
- Support overall field season planning, as well as managing field components (i.e., logistics, equipment, resourcing, health and safety) of existing and new projects
- Coordinating and tracking of assignments, scopes, schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Facilitating and coordinating staff across technical disciplines and various geographies
- Assisting / supporting field activities as required
- Supporting data management/analysis and report preparation as needed
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Someone who has flexibility to support on projects and collaborate across the company
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination and management
- Knowledge of environmental legislation
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to travel for project work opportunities
- Willingness to work extended hours (office or field) when required
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and ability to interact across a broad range of audiences/ technical backgrounds including internal and external clients and regulatory agencies
- Desire to mentor and manage junior and intermediate staff (experience supervising people and/or leading teams is an asset)
Education and Experience
Bachelor or graduate degree in Environmental Sciences, or a related discipline from a recognized university
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an environmental sciences discipline
Prince Edward Island Pay Transparency Legislation: Requires employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in Prince Edward Island:
- Hiring Salary Range: $27.49 per hour - $33.69 per hour — Prince Edward Island locations only. The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Prince Edward Island-Charlottetown, Canada-Nova Scotia-Halifax, Canada-New Brunswick-Moncton
Organization : BC-1214 EnvSvcs-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 24, 2023, 12:31:45 PM
Req ID: 230000XI
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans