City : Brandon
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
PROJECT ENGINEER - BRANDON, MANITOBA
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a leading Canadian consumer protein company, making high quality, innovative products under national brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. The Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to global markets including the U.S. and Asia. The Company is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods in Brandon, Manitoba is presently seeking a Project Engineer to join our team at our state-of-the-art facility. This position requires an individual with extensive experience in project management with the ability to multi-task to complete medium to large sized projects simultaneously.
• Travel as required
• Actively participate in company initiatives; e.g. Innovation, Share groups, MyMLF, Energy Efficiency
• Negotiate contracts and supervise equipment vendors, service providers and contractors
• Utilize and incorporate Six Sigma and other project management tools, methodology and principles
• Investigate practical, cost-effective and innovative plant improvement solutions
• Assist senior management in developing and justifying capital expenditure requests
• Provide engineering support for the operations group
• Develop and manage (Capital) project plans, operations, budgets and schedules (annual and multi-year)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have P.Eng license
• 5 years’ experience as an engineer or Mechanical/Electrical Technologist, or 10 plus years of equivalent project experience
• Proven track record of handling multiple medium to large sized projects
• Team player with effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organizational, analytical and planning abilities combined with practical business sense
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and Project Management software)
• Auto Cad Experience (Preferred)
• Working knowledge of industry codes and regulations e.g. OH&S, WHMIS, HACCP
• Knowledge and experience with Food industry would be an asset
• Fluency in the English language
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated