Project Engineer – Roadways Design
City : SASKATOON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Engineer - Roadways Design - ( 220003XL )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Transportation practice has an immediate requirement for a Project Engineer in our Saskatoon or Regina offices. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can work in a team environment and want to be involved in exciting local, regional, national and international projects. The successful candidate will work directly with senior project managers and design teams to delivery our current and future projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform geometric design and 3D modeling on a variety of urban and rural roadway projects.
- Lead the development of design plans and assist with preparation of technical specifications and quantity estimates as required.
- Prepare engineering reports and technical studies.
- Experience preparing surfacing designs with the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways is an asset.
- Provide experienced and skilled engineering and management of various transportation projects from proposal stage through construction.
- Leading and managing multidisciplinary teams for Transportation projects from concept through design, procurement and construction.
- Coordination with client project managers and design teams including sub consultants for effective project delivery.
- Working with other transportation staff and departments to complete projects.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and work plans for new assignments.
- Assist with business development to expand client base within the office and market segment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiar with the use of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Experience in cost estimating, tender preparation, and contract administration on transportation projects.
- Experience working with the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways & Infrastructure would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Regina, Saskatoon, and Saskatchewan transportation markets and processes, with strong past client relationships is an asset.
- Ability to manage projects and teams of different disciplines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and place a high emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering/project management and project implementation with experience in the design of transportation related facilities.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan (or eligible for licensing with APEGS).
- Eligible as or currently as a Second Level Supervisor for the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways is an asset.
- Experience in geometric design of provincial highways, streets and rural roads; drainage design or construction administration is an asset.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Organization : BC-1110 Transportation-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 21, 2022, 11:45:05 AM
Req ID: 220003XL
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans