Project Engineer / Project Manager, Municipal Engineering
City : Kamloops, BC
Category : T&I - Land Development & Municipal Engineering
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a motivated Engineer / Project Manager to join our Kamloops team. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, this position will be responsible to work on projects for public and private clients, leading land development projects for residential and commercial, major municipal water, wastewater, drainage and roadway infrastructure projects including planning, design and construction services. As a key member of the team you will deal directly with clients and approval agencies.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Take a leadership role in the expansion of business opportunities and execution of civil/municipal projects including single-family subdivisions, multi-family development sites, industrial/commercial/institutional subdivision and site developments;
- Manage and deliver complex infrastructure design and asset management solutions to customers - this includes report and proposal writing, business development, client liaison, and project management;
- Build, lead, and manage multi-disciplinary project teams focused on client specified requirements - projects may include planning, engineering design, construction, and financial management deliverables;
- Lead, develop and empower a diverse group of professionals and technical support staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university preferred;
- Professional Engineer designation with minimum 6+ years of planning and design of municipal infrastructure with emphasis on major water, wastewater and drainage projects and land development projects including single-family subdivisions, multi-family development sites, industrial/commercial/institutional subdivision and site developments;
- Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in EGBC is required;
- Experience and formal training in Project Management;
- Working knowledge and experience with the administration of MMCD contracts;
- MMCD Contract Administration accreditation is an asset;
- Previous success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing;
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. Technical writing skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to mentor junior staff; and
- Ability to travel.