Project Engineer – Civil Infrastructure
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Engineer - Civil Infrastructure - ( 2100037Q )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
The role of a Project Engineer with our Water Team is a dynamic position well suited to an individual who is good at managing multiple tasks and deadlines and working with multi-disciplinary teams. The candidate may be working independently on smaller projects or providing support to a team of professionals on larger projects. Our group is involved in a wide range of sewer and watermain of both large and small diameter systems including open cut construction, rehabilitation, relining, trenchless and tunneling projects.
You will be located in our office in downtown Toronto and would have the opportunity to work on projects across southwestern Ontario.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Typical projects or design tasks may include the design of sanitary, storm, and watermain projects and overland flow / civil site plan design projects. Manages project technical tasks including completing design work, calculations, writing specifications and technical reports on a wide range of civil infrastructure projects generally involving sewer and watermain design and rehabilitation.
- Coordinates design and report deliverable packages for submission to clients and/or approval authorities.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager and attend meetings with the client, team members and sub-consultants.
- May perform or assist the Project Manager and/or Project Technical Lead with managing and monitoring financial performance of project budgets.
- Acts as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members.
- Reviews and conducts alternative analyses to support business case evaluations for making project decisions.
- Implements understanding of conveyance system construction elements as it relates to design to select construction methods and defining work area limits.
- May coordinate with construction activities, providing guidance and clarification of the design during construction.
- Prepares contract documents for construction (i.e. engineering drawings and specifications).
- Develops strategy for minimizing impacts and constraints due to environmental and permitting requirements.
- Understands and implements industry standards and manuals as well as client and regulatory agencies standards and requirements.
- Stays up to date on regulatory changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated efficient project management/technical leadership of assigned tasks on multiple concurrent projects.
- Understand client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, and producing high quality deliverables.
- Technical expert in many relevant areas of design and understanding of various design and construction methods.
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of design and construction codes.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of civil systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of the project.
- Advanced understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering from an accredited University.
- Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 8 years of experience working in a consulting environment involved in the design of civil infrastructure.
- Typical office environment working with computers. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1656 Water-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 22, 2021, 4:18:23 PM
Req ID: 2100037Q
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans