Project Delivery Manager- Finance IT Data Delivery Services
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
Project Delivery Management- planning, delivery and implementation of programs, projects and deliverable in an Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid, and iterative environment. Reporting to the Senior Manager/Director and supporting the business leadership team by managing critical subprograms. Strong project Delivery experience in leading and managing complex programs that include a number of sub-programs and involve multiple and business/ functional stakeholders with multiple streams, moving at different paces.
What will you do?
- Ensure business goals and objectives are accomplished within approved time frames, scope and budget
- Lead and liaise with enterprise-wide businesses, functions and service partners, including external third-party vendors on cross-functional initiatives.
- Champion strong program governance and execution assurance processes, integrating project plans at a program level, refining as required and managing outcomes in line with the business objectives•
- Manage the delivery of projects with multiple stakeholders and technical, business and data components
- Facilitate and/or manage the gathering of business requirements enterprise-wide from BUs and Functions and develop detailed project plans and artifacts
- Manage program level communications, including status reports, and provide senior leadership team with timely updates on operational program issues•
- Establish processes to identify program/project issues and risks, resolves complex program issues and escalates and manage resolution as required
- Ensure contingency plans are identified and executed
- Create metrics and manages with a higher level of information (i.e., at the trends and management indicator level); differentiates between project and program metrics.
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience in managing Delivery of application development projects of approx. $2MM to 5MM annual spend of high complexity is a prerequisite
- Strong Experience leading Projects in Data delivery domain for Finance, Risk and, Capital Markets area
- Strong Experience in leading and managing a Book of work across various projects and cross-functional teams in Agile,
- Waterfall, Iterative, and Hybrid environment
- Strong Project Management skills, including managing project scope, time, cost and quality
- High level of general management skills, including leading, negotiating, communicating and team building.
- Strong Understanding of IT data technology concepts (IT project delivery) to an extent that able to communicate effectively with Dev, QA, BA, and Production support teams/resources.
- Hands on expert level experience with JIRA, Confluence, MS Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and other project management tools
- Have a solid understanding of project/change delivery concepts from initiation to closure.
- Able to juggle multiple balls in the air.
- Able to communicate constantly changing priorities and work around resourcing issues.
- Take initiative, be the driver (rather than being driven) to resolve issue.
- Effective organization skills- i.e. ability to understand complex nature of changes and present in a most simplified way to the team and management.
- Ability to utilize Spidey senses and effectively raise and manage RAID.
- Able to effectively show and communicate priorities, project goals to stakeholders.
- Take ownership. Show and act as a leader in the group and minimize dependencies of the ground level resources on other functional leads.
- Effectively lead and rally 15+ resources in the team.
- Clear, concise, effective skills, both verbal and written for status reporting.
- Willing to challenge the status quo, think out of the box and implement new ideas.
- A minimum of 5-7 years success as an IT project manager, with pr.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.