Project Coordinator, Aviation
City : Calgary, AB
Category : T&I - Transportation Systems
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Project Coordinator to join our Aviation team, Calgary Airport location.
This is a 12-month contract opportunity.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Coordinate work with other disciplines
- Follow civil aviation design standards and guidelines
- Responsible for technical review of site conditions
- Prepare weekly and monthly project/client reports
- Delivery project safely on time and on budget
- Drafting Civil Engineer drawings, preparation of detailed drawings sections, standard details, perform accurate design calculations and outputs
- Flexibility with schedule, the project schedule will require some night shifts.
- Responsible for all safety and environmental aspects on projects and at worksites. Promote contractor's safety culture.
- Project coordination of contracts assigned to the incumbent including attending site meetings, identifying and pricing work extra to the contract, coordinating and scheduling the project with the customer, invoicing, collections, and resolving any disputes involving the customer and any other third parties.
- Verify contract documents for accuracy and project materials.
- Manage Subcontractors, outline expectations, scheduling information and track productions.
- Verify job site quantities.
- Monitor project costs and financial reports. Provide feedback to operations and estimating departments.
- Direct liaison with client, consultants and owners. Ensure that client satisfaction has been achieved.
- Ensure Health and Safety policies are maintained
- Other duties as required.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Graduate of Civil Engineering. New and recent graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, develop new client relationships and maintain relationships with existing clients
- Comfortable working independently and with others in both office and field environment
- Ability to apply basic engineering/problem-solving principles to construction challenges
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills