Project Coordinator – Archaeology
City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Project Coordinator - Archaeology - ( 220003NY )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are looking to expand our archaeological team. Full time project coordinator position, focusing predominantly on projects in the Lower Mainland and Southern Interior regions of British Columbia.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Promote a strong health and safety culture and actively participate in Stantec’s Health, Safety, Security and Environment Program
- Provide Project Managers with coordination support on various projects. Coordination includes resourcing, scheduling, logistics planning for field staff and, task execution (including the preparation of regulatory deliverables and applications)
- Coordinating and tracking of assignments, scopes, schedules, budgets and deliverables
- Proposal writing
- Client management, client communication and business development
- Work closely with other senior staff to make technical recommendations for cultural resources management
- Technical writing and report preparation
- Support fieldwork as needed
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in cultural resource management is an asset
- Understanding the consulting business and flexible to support projects and collaborate across the company
- Strong leadership and business development skills, including experience building and maintaining productive relationships with clients and Indigenous groups
- Assertive personality, ability to make decisions and to problem-solve
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Dedicated to following and promoting a strong safety culture
- Desire to work closely with other environmental professionals and Indigenous groups
- Willingness to travel for project work and business development opportunities
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and ability to interact across a broad range of audiences/technical backgrounds including internal and external clients, Indigenous groups and regulatory agencies
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor or graduate degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a related discipline from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience, preferably in consulting.
- Demonstrated experience in overall coordination in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- General knowledge of heritage legislation. Ideally located in the Lower Mainland, or willing to travel to and from the Lower Mainland when required by the job.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Sidney, Canada-British Columbia-Quesnel, Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops
Job : Project Coordination
Organization : BC-1232 Environmental Services-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 24, 2022, 7:25:27 AM
Req ID: 220003NY
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans