City : Port Hope, ON
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
WSP’s Construction & Remediation group is hiring a Project Coordinator for an upcoming large construction project in Port Hope, Ontario.
The position is a full-time permanent position for a self-motivated, energetic, and organized individual to become trained in various aspects of our day-to-day operations related to project coordination, oversight of activities, resolving issues, reporting, team support, and other duties as assigned.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Supports managers and project teams in organizing, performing, tracking, and reporting project health and performance.
- Prepare workplans and proposals for on-going pursuit or newly awarded projects.
- Technical; works with project personnel; reviews and understands project drawings and specifications, drafts and understand technical project documents and contract correspondence.
- Scheduling: progress tracking, work activity scheduling, and communicating progress to managers and team members.
- Procurement: manage subcontracts and suppliers, orders, reviews payment certificates/invoices, working closely with procurement.
- Budgeting; understands and maintains budgets and forecasts.
- Tracking; tracking all manner of project statistics and information. Organize, save, and report information to managers and team members.
- Coordination; communicates, organizes, and coordinates between all internal and external stakeholders.
- Invoicing; understands contract payment structure, draft invoices for review by management.
- Planning/Executing; organizes, schedules, coordinates, initiates upcoming project work.
- Meetings; plans and organizes project meetings and events.
- Administrative; organization and administrative duties as required.
- Represents Wood to clients, subcontracts, suppliers, and other internal groups.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- 2+ years' experience in a coordination/administration/management position, in the construction and/or engineering industry.
- College Diploma in Business Administration, Construction Management, or relevant field.
- High organizational skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.