Project Coordination Technician, Highways & Roads
City : Grande Prairie, AB
Category : T&I - Highways, Bridges & Roads
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
GRANDE PRAIRIE OR PEACE RIVER
WSP is currently seeking a Project Coordination Technician to join our Transportation department, located at our Grande Prairie, Alberta and Peace River, Alberta office. Reporting to the Regional Manager, this position will be responsible to assist in the delivery and coordination of Transportation related projects, within Alberta. The Project Coordination Technician will provide project delivery assistance to the Regional Manager and the local Area Managers and will assist in coordinating the project delivery requirements through the entire project lifecycle to ensure the successful delivery, management, and cost control of projects.
It is required that the Project Coordination Technician reside in either Peace River or Grande Prairie and be able to work from one of these offices.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Assist the managers with proposal writing including both technical and financial submissions.
- Complete internal project setup, document control, tracking of financial performance and identification of issues requiring course correction
- Assist managers with resource allocation, tracking and scheduling
- Report writing, reviews and version control
- Prepare cost estimated
- Attend meetings and prepare high quality minutes for distribution and document control
- Miscellaneous engineering tasks, including quantity calculations and design quantity reviews/checks
- Liaison with team members, clients and agencies
- Minor contract administration and/or field inspection
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- University degree or a Diploma from an accredited university or college in engineering, finance or business administration.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of relevant Canadian experience,
- Strict attention to detail,
- Sound understanding of budget control and financial concepts/reporting,
- Excellent command of English language, both written and verbal;
- Strong technical and professional writing skills,
- Knowledge of various software packages (Microsoft office, SharePoint) is an asset;
- Motivated, self-starter who can work well independently or with a team,
- Strong analytical, organization and management skills;
- Possess a valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
- Minor travel may be occasionally required,
- Driven and motivated to excel,
- Sense of humor and a willingness to learn.