Project Controls Specialist – Remediation
City : Port Hope, ON
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
WSP E&I Canada Limited is seeking a Project Controls Specialist to support a growing program in Port Hope, ON.
This is a fast paced, exciting and complex role that will provide you the opportunity to work in support of large construction and remediation projects.
Please note - while we will consider candidates based in various locations throughout Ontario this role will need to be primarily based at the project site in Port Hope, ON.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
Reporting to the Project Controls Lead and Project Manager, you'll get the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with the project team, construction team, management, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Review and understand all project and contract material.
- Manage the collection and organization of project cost data
- Manage project forecasting, project baseline and progress schedules, with input from project team.
- Draft and implement Project Controls Plan(s) as needed
- Analyze Earned Value (EV) trends and produce regular forecasts of EV performance and issues for Project Manager review.
- Help with maintenance of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) program baseline and performance analysis.
- Act as a liaison with both the Client Project Control team and s ubcontractor personnel.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the various business systems utilized across the business – BST, WebNow, etc.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- 5 years of experience in project controls supporting the construction industry coupled with great communication, organization and team skills.
- Demonstrable proficiency in the following technical area:
- Construction sequencing
- Contractual liabilities and obligations and their impact on execution strategy
- The effect of change and how it is incorporated into the project scope.
- Has familiarity with Earned Value Management.
- Solid experience executing planning activities in accordance with current policies and procedures with working knowledge of Primavera P6, wtrong experience utilizing an EV engine such as Ares Prism or Cobra. EV software would be an asset.
- Technical understanding to communicate with Lead Planner, Controls Manager, or client delegates as appropriate.
- Ability to use analytical tools to systematically break a complex problem into its components, considering all inter-related variables and draw out meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to simplify the complex in order to communicate findings. Is prepared and able to offer solutions to problems encountered.
- Ability to compile detailed reports in narrative, graphical and tabular format, Ensures that end of project statistics and client reports are provided in a timely, concise, and accurate manner.
- Landfill/Remediation/Civil/Water Treatment construction experience would be an asset.