Project Controls Lead
City : Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Basic Job Duties:
• Manage and lead Project Controls initiatives for a specific Fluor project
• Lead the Project Controls team to manage external and internal interfaces
• Direct and coach the Project Controls team while fostering an integrated team environment
• Support and promote the development of Project Controls personnel and recognize the accomplishments of individuals and teams
• Work closely with Engineering and Owner Team personnel to fulfill project goals
• Develop and maintain progress and performance, schedule, and cost baselines for the project
• Ensure systems and procedures are developed and implemented for the project in accordance with the Contract, client and corporate procedures in order to achieve the required quality as defined in the project Baselines
• Develop and maintain effective and proactive change management systems
• Provide timely variance analysis and an early warning to management on critical or near critical activities.
• Develop and maintain a culture that fosters safety, diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Lead by example, demonstrate confidence, enthusiasm, innovation, maturity and sound judgment through providing advice to the project team in areas of expertise