Project Controls Analyst
City : Edmonton, AB
Category : T&I - Highways, Bridges & Roads
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
VANCOUVER, CALGARY, OR EDMONTON
WSP is currently seeking a Project Controls Analyst to join our team located at our Vancouver, Edmonton, or Calgary project office. Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, this position will be working with project managers, multiple disciplines, clients and/or senior management, and responsible for providing project controls services, including estimate, change management, cost controls and scheduling, forecast and internal project reviews through the project lifecycle from planning to project close-out. This role is responsible for supporting project managers in delivering projects successfully by achieving client requirements and supporting company and business line defined goals and objectives.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Review requests for proposal and identify project controls needs for the proposed project, including providing cost estimate, schedule development and other project controls support as required
- Support project set up on our accounting system, including development of appropriate WBS, budget and staffing plan for execution, assist with identifying and quantifying project risks.
- Support on project controls, including project planning, cost controls, schedule management, forecast and analysis, and closeout, using “Best Practices”, such as Earned Value analysis, including development of rules of credit and progress measurement, update into appropriate tools, analysis of CPI and SPI, and provide recommendations on corrective actions for negative variance resolutions in a timely fashion, and facilitate implementation of actions.
- Support on development of weekly/monthly project reports and/or project dashboard as required to project managers, clients and/or senior management
- Support the change management process in alignment with contract and company requirements
- Provide internal cost reporting and work with project managers to review internal project performance status, help identify opportunities and issues, and facilitate resolution to address those issues and/or improve project performance through identified opportunities.
- Liaise with corporate functions, including finance, operations, legal, marketing, and digital delivery.
- Assist Project managers in subcontractor management, including review contractor, vendor and consultants’ invoices
- Manage invoicing, A/R and A/P process, in consultation with Project Manager, Project Accountant and biller.
- Potential to mentor junior/intermediate project controls team members and project managers in project management systems
- Support on resolution of data quality to support overall reporting accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- An Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Business, or equivalent, with applicable further development in Project Management would be preferred.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, including report writing, editing, and proofreading abilities;
- A high level of team work, problem-solving, analytical skills and attention to details
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to learn new system and tools, manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change;
- At least 5+ years of progressive experience in project planning and scheduling, cost management, and direct client reporting.
- Experience with alternative delivery models (DB, P3, IPD), and/or transportation (bridges, highway and roads) projects is required.
- Experience directly coordinating with project managers/technical staff, clients, and subconsultants is required.
- Experience with project accounting and basic financial knowledge is required.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, financial ERPs, and the ability to pick up project management software is required. Highly advanced in Microsoft Excel skills is an asset, specifically skills in data analysis and presentation.
- Working experience with Primavera 6 and oracle is preferred
- Oracle ERP, Power BI, SharePoint, and other IMS experience would be an asset
- Familiarity with operational finance is considered an asset