PROJECT CENTER SALES REPRESENTATIVE
City : Edmundston
Category : Sales, Marketing & Product Management
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
PROJECT CENTER SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers?
Project Center Sales Representatives are sales professionals that partner with customers to fully understand their needs and assist in planning construction and renovation projects. As knowledgeable sales professionals, project sales representatives can make recommendations which solve customers’ problems. It is fast-paced and engaging work, and it is extremely rewarding when customers give you with the sale because of your hard work.
Typical career next steps: more senior sales roles such as Contractor, Install, Commercial or Institutional Sales.
This position will be for out Kent Location at – 772 Rue Victoria, Edmundston, NB E3V 3S9
What you will do:
- Drive sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge
- Clarify and understand customers’ needs and suggest the best solution(s) for their projects
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions
- Take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions
- Achieve weekly, monthly, and annual sales targets
- Produce quotes, material lists and follow-up with customers
- Demonstrate high standards of safety and customer service
- Resolve customer challenges quickly and efficiently
- Continually learn about products and market conditions
What you will bring:
- A strong foundation in Sales and customer service
- Ability to solve problems and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and team player
- Confident, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and sales objectives
- Microsoft Office skills and willingness to learn new software programs
- A knowledge of building materials and the construction process would be considered an asset
- Ability to quickly develop a trusting relationship with new customers, and build rapport with existing customers by providing quality customer service and maintaining service standards
- Strong verbal and written communication (bilingual would be considered an asset French/English)
What we offer:
- A safe work environment
- Wellness program
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Employee discount
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP contribution
- Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, RetailRecruitment@kent.ca
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you don’t meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted..