Project Administrator, Rail & Transit
City : Thornhill, ON
Category : T&I - Transportation Systems
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Project Administrator, Rail & Transit to join our Transportation Systems team located at our Toronto project office. Reporting to the Operations Manager on the project, you will provide the program administration team guidance to the program administration in the office, and other remote or work-sharing offices. The Project Administrator has a thorough working knowledge of the EDMS and program procedures and ensures the Program Administrators (PA) has the appropriate skills and knowledge to prepare and capture documents in the EDMS in accordance with program procedures and to support all functional groups in using the EDMS correctly. The Program Administration Lead ensures the PA provides program support administration services as required such as meeting planning and other administrative duties. The program administrator group works closely with the Document Manager and the document control group to provide sufficient and experienced document management resources to support the program efficiently and effectively with respect to cost, schedule and both quantity and quality of service.
As a member of the Transportation Systems team, you will be given opportunities to use your transferrable skills to define processes, create execution plans, mentor the junior team members, and be the technical lead for multiple projects. You will be supported by management to develop work plans and professional skills to become a strong leader in the consulting environment.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- WSP strives for gender balanced representation, including mentorship, and collaboration.
- Be in charge of your own career growth by working collaboratively with your manager.
- Flexible benefits.
- Wellness time (to manage work life balance).
- Hybrid return to office policy (unless otherwise stated per project requirements).
- Opportunities to contribute to impactful projects locally and internationally.
- Be a part of a collaborative high performing team.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Ensuring program PAs are trained and skilled in interrogating the program documents and procedures
- Ensuring PAs support all program participants in complying with program procedures and using the EDMS to capture program documents
- Program Setup
- Preparing the PA resource plan with input from the Program
- Setting up and maintaining electronic filing for correspondence and uncontrolled documents during program execution
- If required, coordinating the development of custom program templates and implementation of the templates
Document Management and Program Administrative Tasks
- Managing the program support coordinators and assigning PAs to program tasks ensuring work is allocated evenly
- Assessing PA competencies and skills and providing training and mentoring where required in procedures and using of the EDMS and associated tools and other tools as required
- Ensuring program support coordinators adhere to standard document management procedures and processes as defined in the program procedures
- Ensuring the PAs and program users have a working knowledge of the program templates available and where to locate the functional templates
- Ensuring program document management procedures for the processing of correspondence and uncontrolled documents are adhered to by the PAs and the program team
- Working with the Document Manager to ensure appropriate training materials on program processes are available and delivered to program participants
- If required, providing proposal preparation and document presentation
- Appointing and training new PAs
- Maintaining contact with team members working at remote offices to foster team environment
- Regularly auditing data to ensure consistent application of EDMS attributes
- Regularly auditing EDMS folders to ensure folder structures are standard and consistent
- Other data input or data management activities as requested by the program
- Fulfill the role of a PA when required
- Manage the RFI process
Other PA Support and Administrative Tasks
- Coordinating travel as required
- Office management and/or reception duties as required
- Organizing translations of correspondence, minutes of meetings, reports and non-technical documents as required
- Manage the assist workflow
- A university degree or college diploma with 5-10 years experience in a lead position in a large or major engineering program