Requisition ID: 43754
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Programmer Analyst Advisory is responsible for providing specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support for Collateral Management Applications within GBM.
The incumbent is responsible for current and future implementation projects within the group, introducing new technologies to meet business objectives and providing technical consultation and guidance to all development projects.
- Provide solutions to meet business objectives by analysing requirements, providing technical specifications and designs, developing detailed work-plans, scheduling technical resources, monitoring progress against plan and developing/maintaining programs according to standards.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all development staff on all aspects of application development for assigned applications or technology. Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, data modelling, testing, as well as, performing reviews and walkthroughs of all major project deliverables to ensure the quality and completeness of functionality.
- Provide production and user acceptance testing, application support to complex technical problems on all assigned applications and technology that serve each business unit by analysing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
- Implement new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing and executing system test procedures, developing implementation plans, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required.
- Maintain a good understanding of business strategies, business policies, financial instruments, risk management and backoffice processing. Providing effective technical consulting and support services to the Division.
- Java technology stack, incl. Spring and Hibernate Framework
- Microservices architecture
- Web Service and REST-API
- Linux OS and Linux Shell Script
- Ant/Gradle and other Continuous Integration tools
- TDD incl. tools for automated testing
- Analytical mindset with strong problem solving capability
- A recognized under-graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline
- Prior experience in Corporate Lending Products, Processes and Technologies is an asset
- Having a passion for technology, willing to learn new skills
- Oracle DBMS/SQL
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.