Programmer Analyst Advisory, GIAM (Ottawa Hub)
City : Ottawa, ON, CA
Category : Computer Security Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 116801
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
In Technology at Scotia, we’re questioning everything about how we bank today to come up with the right solutions for our customers tomorrow. Reinvention starts here — and it starts with you.
The mandate of the Engineering Team within Global Identity & Access Management (GIAM) is to develop and integrate IAM solutions for various IAM domains including identity lifecycle management, directories, authentication & authorization, data access management, and access governance leveraging best practices and adhering to the Bank’s policies and information security standards
The Development Engineer is responsible for the practical analysis, design, development, implementation and support of mission-critical Identity and Access Management systems of medium to high complexity.
Is this role right for you?
- You have a portfolio of work in that you are proud of and can share with us (GITHUB, etc.)
- You are passionate about technology and enjoy working on your own projects outside of work
- You are not an order taker but like to think through troubleshooting problems, guiding team members, stakeholders and clients, and leading a team of developers
- You enjoy implementing new systems or enhancements by reviewing programs written by team members, establishing, and executing system test procedures, developing an implementation plan, developing the required program and system documentation and ensuring all functionality has been delivered as required.
- You take pride in making recommendations towards developing new code standards or the reuse of existing code.
- You excel in working with a team of Business Analysts, testers and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- You thrive in the total system life cycle and the responsibility of designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget.
- You can provide post-implementation support and training to the computer operations staff on the production processing functionality.
- You can participate in an on-call pager rotation to provide after-hours maintenance support.
- You love initiating proactive communication with internal/external teams.
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
We’re focused on being an employer of choice for the communities we serve and offering a hybrid work environment for top Tech talent in Canada’s capital city.
We’re creating a local ScotiaTech Hub in Ottawa. You’ll have the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Ottawa office for in-person moments that foster team cohesiveness and collaboration.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have a strong sense system configuration, installation, endpoint connections (.NET, SharePoint Online)
- You are familiar with multiple operating systems, such as Linux
- You are confident in your database skills (SQL/NoSQL)
- You have working experience communication protocols HTTPS, TLS1.2
- You have experience with DevOps Delivery and tools such as Jira and Confluence
- You possess advanced communication (verbal/written/presentation). Spanish is a strong asset.
- You have knowledge of Azure AD Connector Sync : sync identities between on-prem directories and Azure AD (bonus)
- You have a Test Driven Development (TDD) mindset (bonus)
- You have 2+ years of experience developing, deploying and maintaining complex enterprise web applications (asset)
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and lots more.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.