Requisition ID: [[id]]
Number of Vacancies: [[numberOpenings]]
Department: [[division]] - [[department]]
Salary Information: [[custJOAnnualizedSalary1]] - [[custJOAnnualizedSalary2]]
Pay Scale Group: 7SA
Employment Type: [[jobGrade3]]
Weekly Hours: [[custStandardHours]], Off Days: [[custOffDays]] Shift: [[custShift]]
Posted On: August 12, 2019
Last Day to Apply: August 21, 2019
Reports to: [[custReportsToTitle]]
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America's third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC's vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC's recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing "a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy."
Provides programming support to the Department. The work involves designing, coding, compiling, testing and debugging programs and modifications to programs to enable user interfaces to databases and to produce a variety of system generated ad-hoc reports. The final programs may be included in an installation package created by the incumbent. The position assists users with the resolution of daily computer problems and provides support in the development and implementation of automated information systems.
Key Job Functions
- Code and document instructions using programming languages, compile, test, and debug programs, as well as perform related duties. Create installation packages.
- Provide first line technical support and assistance to users with respect to the resolution of computer related problems as well as the use of computerized equipment, software and automated productivity tools.
- Prepare documentation (e.g., Procedures/reference manuals, operating instructions, etc.) for electronic data processing applications. Develop system input documents and the resultant output reports as directed.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant departmental or TTC policies and procedures.
- Promotes a respectful work and service environment that supports diversity, inclusion, and is free from harassment and discrimination. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of inclusive and accessible policies, programs and/or services for employees and customers in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
- Candidate will be required to participate in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program
- Communicate in a variety of mediums
- Use office technology, software and applications
- Apply analytical skills
- Demonstrate specialized expertise and knowledge in the assigned field
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary school in a relevant discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of and familiarity with relevant programming languages and data processing techniques
- Good knowledge of application development and maintenance projects/methodologies and structured techniques for systems analysis, design and programming
- Sound judgment, effective verbal and written communication skills, and strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Abilities to plan and conduct feasibility studies, design applications, program, debug, test applications, and prepare specifications and documentation
- Abilities to design applications, program, debug, test applications, and prepare specifications and documentation
- Knowledge and experience with developing systems using Object Oriented Methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Angular.js, Linq, Entity Framework, Oracle PL/SQL, SAP Crystal Reports, and Microsoft Visual Studio / Team Foundation Server
- Minimum 2 years’ hands-on experience designing, developing, testing, deploying and supporting IT applications
- Experience with development of mobile applications
- Knowledge of secure programming practices (e.g. OWASP standards)
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL server, Crystal Reports, Microstrategy, ETL tools and techniques
- Exposure to/knowledge of application design with respect to AODA principles will be considered an asset
- Experience working in a DevOps environment an asset
- Exposure to/experience with setting up and implementing automated testing of code
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources - Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.
The TTC’s Employment Policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.