City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
PROGRAM SPECIALIST (2 POSITIONS):
($56,796.64 - $65,740.30 Annually)
Reporting to the Manager, Program Delivery, the Program Specialist is responsible for supporting the delivery of housing programs and services that are administered through Applicant Services. He/she/they serve as the primary subject matter for an assigned portfolio and ensure the effective day to day delivery of the program(s) to a diverse client group by ensuring programs are administered in compliance with program policy, providing training support for internal and external teams, and developing and updating various types of written materials. In addition, the role conducts research and analysis to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of existing programs and participates in the development of new plans and strategies for new and/or existing programs. The position works closely with the Information Management and Technology team to provide business expertise and technical support to programs and ensure computer systems support effective and efficient program delivery.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in business administration, social sciences, or other relevant field.
- Considerable experience in policy and programs analysis, design, application, and evaluation.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of government and community agencies and the services they provide, with an emphasis on social housing and social policy
- Ability to learn, understand, interpret, and apply BC Housing policies, procedures, and programs
- Ability to conduct research, analysis, reason through complex issues and present information clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate short term assignments and long-term projects which involve consultation with staff and external groups
- Ability to meet deadlines and identify key milestones
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, regulations, and operating agreements
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a broad range of audiences across diverse educational, social and cultural backgrounds
- Proficient at a high-intermediate to advanced level in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Occasional travel may be required.