Program Manager, WMTS
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Reporting to the Senior Delivery Director, the Program Manager, WTMS is responsible for effectively managing a team of Project Managers and Scrum Masters for IT & Business projects within Wealth Management products. As Program Manager, you will manage the initiation, planning, and execution of large projects or programs.
What will you do?
- Applies experience and seasoned knowledge, skills, and practices to perform a variety of assignments.
- Planning and monitoring program development to ensure that quality standards and goals are achieved.
- Serving as a liaison and building bridges among project teams within the program. Translating corporate objectives into program objectives and practices.
- Develop and manage the detailed schedule, identify early warning indicators, provide direction for early resolution of risks, issues and clear escalation path for program committees.
- Oversee financials and staffing levels to efficiently meet project delivery requirements, complete risk assessments, and tracks value for effective decision-making.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners (e.g. Vendors, RBC IT teams, Product)
- Build / present for Senior Director & VP level presentations.
- Oversees the development of program/project plans, KPIs and metrics (including status reporting), prioritization calls & project communications.
- Initiates process improvements and promotes agile enablement within the team along with focusing on developing their team.
- Oversees the completion of post-project reviews and closure.
What do you need to succeed?
- 6+ years Project Management experience; spanning small projects and large projects with high level of value (benefit/cost), very high level of complexity and uncertainty, and ability to influence decisions.
- Proven experience managing large scale projects ($10MM+) and their integration with applications as a Program Manager or Lead PM.
- Previous experience representing the business and technology on projects with a proven ability to build relationships and trust with their business partners.
- Ability to be a driver on issues and challenges and follow up on assigned action items.
- Executive presence and advanced communication, presentation and facilitation skills to drive success.
- Advanced knowledge of change, issue, and risk management and working knowledge of Software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile delivery methodologies.
- Undergraduate degree (preferred) - Preferably in Business, Technology or Financial Services.
- Project/Program Management certifications (e.g. PMP and/or PgMP)
- Wealth Management business experience.
- Financial Institution experience.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.