Program Manager, Scotia Digital(Vancouver Hub)
City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : IT Project Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 135298
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a Program Manager, you ensure the successful delivery of complex projects that involve multiple teams working on deliverables contributing to an overarching project objective. You report status and ensure alignment between many stakeholders across multiple areas of the bank and manage all aspects of the budget, schedule, risks, issues, reporting and governance of projects
Is this role right for you?
- Manage and ensure the successful delivery of complex programs involving multiple teams from different groups across the bank, as well as external vendors when required.
- Integrate inputs from many stakeholders to establish and manage a consolidated scope, schedule and budget for the program.
- Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions across the program.
- Ensure all teams are aligned and that the dependencies between teams are tracked and managed.
- Report project status to multiple stakeholder groups, including: Canadian Digital Banking, business lines and executive SteerCo, as required.
- Manage and report on Enterprise PMO and Finance requirements, including: a. Milestones tracking b. Risk tracking c. Managing funding (OP) including budget forecasting, accruals and reconciliation. d. Enterprise Delivery Framework compliance, as required
- Ensure risks are mitigated and that teams are unblocked and can effectively complete their work.
- Escalate risks and issues that cannot be solved with the project team.
- Build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project team and business lines. Leverage these relationships to identify issues, make recommendations and initiation resolution.
- Support business case creation for proposed projects by managing and consolidating the scope definition, UX and technical design, estimation and forecasting inputs from many teams.
- Ensure the engagement of compliance stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed throughout he course of the project.
- Coordinate compliance
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- 9+ years' experience in managing and delivering complex software projects in larger organizations.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of Agile methodology while delivering IT projects. Ideally has
- Certified Scrum master certification (CSM / PSM)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies. Ideally has Project Management Professional certification (PMI PMP).
- Strong budget management and forecasting experience.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
- Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- Demonstrates proactivity and accountability.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.