Program Manager, Centre for Professional Advancement (Special Project: October 2023 – May 2024)
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Admin
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Special Project: October 2023 – May 2024
Hours: 35 hours/week, Monday - Friday
Home Campus: IAHS
Rate of Pay: $94,113 - $117,641
Posting Date: September 12th, 2023
Closing Date: September 19th, 2023 at 7:00 pm EST
We support and encourage the contributions of our diverse employees. We are committed to nurturing an equitable, diverse and inclusive (EDI) environment for everyone who learns and works at Mohawk College. We believe the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. As educators we believe it is important to act and show leadership in advancing the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in our community.
Mohawk College is currently recruiting for our next
Program Manager, Centre for Professional Advancement
The Program Manager is responsible to the Associate Dean, Centre for Professional Advancement for the strategic planning, academic quality, enrolment management and operations of the portfolio, which includes the delivery of a unique and diverse mix of workshops, courses, programs and credentials.
Management of the portfolio includes operational oversight and administration with respect to the delivery of courses, programs and workshops within our existing catalogue; academic quality assurance processes and assessments; strategic enrolment management; recruiting and managing instructors and support staff; forecasting and monitoring projected resource needs; and networking and negotiating with community and industry stakeholders to identify partnership, programming and placement opportunities.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Academic Leadership & Oversight, Program Quality, New Course/Program Development and Market Research
- In consultation with the Associate Dean, leading the development of an annual strategic plan and corresponding business plan for portfolio of courses and programs
- Strategically managing the delivery of courses and programs including the setting of admissions deadlines, course/credential selection and sequencing, intake and course scheduling, determining delivery formats, liaising with instructors, scheduling, overseeing registration and admissions processes etc.
- Directing a team through new course/credential development as well as curriculum development and instructional design updates of courses and programs
- Contributing to the development of the CPA catalogue, which includes scheduling, selecting delivery formats, confirming required texts and materials, and liaising with instructors
- Directing support staff to support academic operations, database maintenance and portfolio delivery
- Providing relevant enrolment information to all stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Implementing and evaluating academic quality assurance processes and outcomes on an ongoing basis including course outlines, program of study reviews, etc.
- Leading program review and annual program of study reviews of local and MCU credentials in consultation with instructional designers to complete competitive analysis and adhere to industry and Ministry standards
- In consultation with Associate Dean, identifying and directing opportunities for innovative course/credential delivery formats such as intensive, online and experiential models as well as attending instructional technology professional development and hosting instructor and student training sessions
- Leading strategic enrolment management of the portfolio including the setting, tracking and achievement of enrolment targets
- In consultation with the AD and Projects & Admin Coordinator, strategically managing key financial elements of the portfolio to ensure maximum productivity and achievement of profitability objectives
- Managing established budgets, establishing enrolment and corresponding financial forecasts, and ensuring maximum productivity
- Ensuring the effective use of Faculty financial resources, reallocating resources appropriately as necessary
Instructor Management and Support
- Recruitment and hiring of CPA instructors including identifying hiring needs, drafting job postings, assessing qualifications, interviewing, conducting reference checks, etc.
- Onboarding instructors through the delivery of multi-faceted training including Mohawk College policies and procedures, CPA processes and systems, CanvasConnect, quality teaching expectations, etc.
- Supervising instructors to ensure adherence to Mohawk College policies (e.g. Academic Dishonesty, Rights & Responsibilities, Student Conduct, IT, Intellectual Property, AODA, etc.)
- Leading performance management initiatives including performance reviews, teaching evaluation reviews and teaching observations
- Identifying professional development opportunities to support teaching excellence
- Supporting instructors through student advisement and issue resolution
Student Management and Support
- Responding to escalated course and program inquiries from prospective students including the provision of pre- and post-admissions/academic counseling and referrals
- Reviewing, updating and creating program handbooks for all CPA programming
- Managing student lifecycle processes/cycle including admissions, advisement, promotion and graduation in collaboration with stakeholders like CE & the Registrar’s Office
- Processing all course exemptions including student inquiries, assessing external credits and mapping to internal Learning Outcomes in consultation with Subject Matter Experts and other academic institutions as necessary
- Clearing graduation applicants against graduating POS (in consultation with Registrar’s Office when manual clearance is required)
- Ensuring the maintenance of accurate and complete student records
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean, ensuring students adhere to College policies (Academic Dishonest, Rights and Responsibilities, Student Conduct, IT)
Centre for Professional Advancement Clinical/Field Placement Management
- Strategically manage placement opportunities at partner locations
- Ensuring that mentors/CELs/Clinical Educators/Preceptors are provided with resources to manage and report on all CPA placement activity
- Developing a protocol for required forms and scheduling for the effective and efficient management of multiple placements at various sponsoring sites
- Point of Contact for all clinical placement supervisors and working with placement preceptors
Outreach and Marketing
- Under Leadership of AD, in collaboration with internal CPA Support and Marketing, developing and implementing an annual strategic marketing plan specific to each portfolio
- In collaboration with the AD, reviewing, updating and developing program specific marketing material, information packages and one-pagers for distribution to clients and potential partners
- Maintaining applicable databases for each program or cluster
- Attending and promotion internal Open Houses, internal/external Pathways/Career Fairs, and other industry specific events/conventions/fairs
Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum four-year Honours degree, or a relevant combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience which includes industry specific work experience, teaching experience at the post-secondary level using a variety of instructional methods (e.g. in class, on line, blended), and experience with learning management system(s), curriculum development, instructional design, adult education, market research, project management, and human resources management
- One year of supervisory experience preferred
- Strong ability to handle multiple assignments at one time
- Strong critical and creative thinking skills
- Excellent communication and customer services skills (verbal and written)
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution and team building skills
- Familiarity with external professional organizations (e.g. regulatory, accreditation) and related legislation (i.e. WHMIS, Human Rights, Harassment Policy, Privacy Act, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College prioritizes recruiting and retaining diverse employees. With this in mind, the College is committed to fostering inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (905) 575 - 2047.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
For more information concerning the Mohawk College strategic plan, please see: strategicplan.mohawkcollege.ca/