Program Director, Corporate Real Estate
City : Fredericton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Program Director, Corporate Real Estate - ( 230000W2 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger.
Stantec is seeking a Program Director within the Stantec Corporate Real Estate (CRE) team to build and manage a program to lead a team of project managers/coordinators supporting the interior construction of the Stantec offices in North America. This opportunity can be based throughout North America with preference to candidates within reasonable proximity of any Stantec Hub office. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic thinking individual who can be successful in developing a program utilizing recognized Project Manager (PM) processes as well as understanding the specific needs of Stantec for our workplaces. This role will have oversight of the PM processes, team and the program using strategic and program/project management processes, project planning and management technology.
This role focuses on managing program activities, expectations, and risk, while leading, supporting, and/or advising internal stakeholders throughout all stages of the project life cycle. We act on behalf of our internal stakeholders to meet the needs of our employees with deliverable targets on efficiency and cost savings directed by corporate policy. Client satisfaction, value, and quality are essential aspects of our business model.
The project team must understand the project’s mission as well as the expected deliverables and timeframes and the Program Director will be responsible for their team meeting the requirements. Development of work plans, which outlines all the required activities, budgets, schedule and risk, is necessary to ensure success. This role will be responsible for developing overall strategies and ensuring that the project team is meeting deliverables.
Our Program Director and Project Managers build longstanding relationships with our clients, our project teams and fostering a level of trust expected by our senior leaders. In the role as Program Director, Stantec is seeking an individual to act as a company representative, leading a team of professionals in the design and construction of great spaces that employees are excited to work and thrive in. The projects will be in various phases from design through construction, Furniture Fixtures Equipment (FFE) and occupancy; and the program manager will be responsible for approving, following and managing the overall scope of the portfolio.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a program to manage the construction of CRE projects
- Lead multiple PM’s across North America
- Manage project portfolio valued over $60M annually
- Oversee, manage and mentor existing team(s)
- Focus on interior construction projects including but not limited to construction, FFE and move management projects
- Drive delivery models and create efficient project outcomes
- Develop and maintain internal client relationships
- Excel in all phases of project management: program development, budgeting, planning & design, pre-construction, project implementation, project oversight and project closure
- Provide timely and accurate project documentation and reporting
- Present monthly budget status reports on both project and program spends
- Review and approve project work orders, project purchase orders, service contracts and change orders
- Select appropriate vendors and insure they meet Stantec requirements
- Develop, negotiate and verify contracts including setting up and managing MSA’s
- Cultivate and maintain a positive working relationship with client representatives and service providers
- Report to Vice President- Corporate Real Estate
- Provide leadership, balanced insight, and management to drive the best out of the team
Qualifications & Credentials
- 10 years of experience in Project Management with an interior Tenant Improvement (TI) role.
- Experience in developing a Program Management framework
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills
- Team player with experience building, leading, and managing a team of Project Managers and Support Staff
- Ability and experience in preparing comprehensive budgets, overall project schedules, and in planning and managing dept budgets.
- Exceptional Program Management background with preference in TI projects
- Real Estate acumen or experience with lease and work letter language
- PM certification or relevant professional licensure or certification is an asset
- A valid passport is required
Education & Experience
Degree, preferably in Engineering or Construction Management10-15 years of experience in Project Management and preferably with TI or as Owner’s Representative role
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and develop your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Organization : BC-1204 Procurement & Real Estate-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 4, 2023, 12:04:08 PM
Req ID: 230000W2
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans