City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
($56,796.64 - $65,740.30 Annually)
Reporting to the Senior Program Analyst, the Program Analyst supports the Commission’s Program Planning department to improve the delivery and management of social housing and homelessness programs across the province. The position supports complex projects, including the development of new programs, and re-engineering existing programs, delivery strategies, policies, and resources. He/She/They conducts constitution and bylaw reviews, surveys and analyses of program planning issues, writes complex analytical reports, and presents findings to improve and ensure effective program delivery. The incumbent works collaboratively with all Branches to ensure effective implementation across a diverse regional structure.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in business administration, social sciences, or other relevant field.
- Considerable experience in public policy, planning, or finance.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Criminal Record Check Required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation, including BC Housing Regulation, Society Act/Regulations, Cooperative Association Act, and Business Corporations Act
- Excellent judgement and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, research, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to use sound judgement in analysing and identifying areas of improvement in policies and procedures
- Ability to apply an intersectional analysis to programs and policies
- Ability to be sensitive to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders, resolve differences and work cohesively together.
- Ability to conduct equity analysis to incorporate perspectives of multiple stakeholders and communities in consideration of impacts and outcomes of program frameworks
- Ability to exercise attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely