Professor, Part Time – Various Courses
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Academic
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Future Ready. Learning for Life.
Mohawk College educates and serves more than 31,700 full-time, part-time, apprenticeship and international students at three main campuses in Hamilton, at learning hubs across Hamilton through City School by Mohawk, and at the college’s Aviation Facility at Hamilton International Airport.
We are looking for qualified professionals to teach part-time at our Fennell campus in the following areas:
Duration: Starting January 2022 (Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8:00am and 10:00pm)
We are looking to hire in the following program areas:Business:
- Insurance – Life License Qualification Study
- Project Management
- Operations Management
- Building Customer Relationships
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum of Diploma/Bachelors (depending on course). Masters is an asset. Professional/Industry accreditation an asset.
- Five (5) years industry related experience in their teaching field.
- Prior post – secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills and a commitment to diversity and equity are essential. Ability to work in an environment where a diversity of people and situations are encountered.
- Ability to convey the conceptual and practical aspects of subjects to students, respecting their diverse backgrounds, experience and individual learning styles is also essential, as is the desire to contribute to the education of the next generation of apprentices.
- Prior experience using technology (ie. LMS, online teaching, etc.).
- Candidates must also be committed to working within a team environment and to participating in a consultative decision-making process.
Mohawk College is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted regarding an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources (905) 575 - 2047 if you require an accommodation.
Although many of our employees are currently working remotely, this position is governed by the applicable legislation of the Province of Ontario. Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario, must be available to work on campus as required, and will be required to follow the vaccination policy. For more information, please visit:
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.