Professor, Intermediate Accounting & Auditing
City : Mississauga
Category : Full time - Permanent
Industry : Education
Employer : Sheridan College
Sheridan faculty provide academic leadership to programs and courses within their areas of expertise and contribute to the creation of a learning-centred environment where students can develop to their full potential. They also contribute to College, Faculty, and program excellence by collaborating on a variety of initiatives such as new program development, applied research and alternative delivery strategies. Within this context of inspiring innovation and excellence, the Pilon School of Business is currently seeking a full-time Professor, Intermediate Accounting and Auditing.
Our workplace provides a stimulating environment that encourages creativity and innovation, values the diversity of individuals and ideas, and fosters ongoing individual professional development. If you are passionate about teaching and learning and interested in creating learning experiences that guide students in the development of their critical, creative and reflective thinking capacity, then you must consider this role.
What You’ll be Doing
- Ensuring that program and course curricula are current, relevant and reflective of best practices within the relevant professional/program disciplines;
- Defining, evaluating, and validating learning outcomes for courses and programs;
- Creating effective environments for applied learning which accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Designing appropriate strategies and methods for facilitating and assessing student learning that are invitational and reflective of best practices in teaching and learning;
- Developing appropriate strategies and methods to assess student performance that are consistent with the learning outcomes of the course and address multiple learning styles;
- Developing multi-media materials and alternative delivery strategies, and incorporating appropriate educational technologies into the learning process;
- Professors also ensure that students are aware of course and program learning outcomes, learning strategies and evaluation techniques; provide individual tutoring and academic counselling; and evaluate student progress/achievement within assigned courses.
You have the skills and knowledge to work with an increasingly diverse student and staff population as well as a proven commitment to anti-oppression, equity, and inclusion.
You are committed to excellence in teaching and learning within a collaborative team environment.
You have a demonstrated ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students.
You value participating in and creating safe, brave, and inclusive environments at work and in the community and want to be a part of a culture where we strive to take actions to ensure no one is left behind.
You enjoy balancing many different tasks, staying organized and planning and have the ability to integrate multiple streams of information, prioritize and track multiple projects to meet a demanding workload and keep things running smoothly.
The successful candidate will also meet the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study required, PhD Preferred
- Currently hold a CPA designation and are a member in good standing of Chartered Professional Accountants Canada or be eligible to obtain CPA designation in Canada;
- A minimum of three years’ practical and professional experience with tax compliance, auditing, and financial reporting. As well as tax planning and an understanding of the administrative processes in Canadian taxation.
- Knowledge of CAS, ASPE and IFRS standards a definite asset.
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level or in corporate training;
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals, organizations and employers;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrable ability to effectively facilitate learning with a broad range of students;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
Who We Are:
Every member of the Sheridan community is passionate about the transformational role we play in people’s lives. Our strategic plan, Sheridan 2024: Galvanizing Education for a Complex World (https://sheridan2024.sheridancollege.ca/), charts a path towards a new ground-breaking model of higher education that reshapes post-secondary education and better prepares students for the future. We are committed to demonstrably advancing equity, diversity, and inclusivity. Diversity is our strength and fuels our commitment to excellence. Across our campuses, we’re making meaningful strides towards developing an equitable and inclusive community.
At the Pilon School of Business, our faculty have deep industry expertise, significant discipline-specific knowledge, and a strong drive to provide students with an exceptional transformative education. We have 4800 students across 25 programs offering certificates, diplomas, and degrees. We offer five bachelor of business administration degrees in accounting, finance, human resources management, marketing management and supply chain management. At the Pilon School of Business, we focus on building resourcefulness and agility, potential to innovate, and the necessary technical and 21st century learning competencies that will enable graduates to thrive in a complex world and bring their career goals to life.
- For more information, visit: Why Work at Sheridan
Faculty/Department: Pilon School of Business
Campus Location: HMC (May be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus) during normal operations. Currently the position is a hybrid of in person and remote delivery.
Employee Group: Academic
Hours: Professors may teach between the hours of 8:00am and 10:00pm
Salary Range: $67,221 - $116,532 (based on relevant educational qualifications and experience)
Start Date: September 2023
Application Deadline: June 16, 2023
Consideration will be given to qualified internal full-time academic and partial-load employees first in accordance with the Collective Agreement requirements.
Sheridan is deeply committed to implementing the Calls to Action framed by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nations, Anishinaabe Nation, Huron-Wendat and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy. Sheridan is situated on these lands, and it is our collective responsibility to honour and respect those who have gone before us, those who are here, and those who have yet to come. We are grateful for the opportunity to be working on this land.
Sheridan values the diverse and intersectional identities of its students, faculty, and staff. Sheridan regards equity and diversity as an integral part of academic excellence and is committed to accessibility for all employees. Sheridan seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism, and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including those who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit/Inuk, Black, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
Sheridan will provide job applicants with accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
You may be asked to provide copies of your educational credentials at the time of interview. Upon hire, we require official confirmation of educational credentials and Canadian equivalency assessments, if applicable.