City : Toronto
Category : Talent Recruitment
Industry : Education
Employer : Seneca
Reporting to the Chair of the School of Information Technology Administration and Security, the professor is responsible for developing, preparing, and delivering courses within the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering Technology (FASET) ensuring an effective and compelling learning environment for students.
Responsible for teaching course(s) in the School of Information Technology Administration and Security.
Under the direction of the senior academic officer of the College or designate, the Professor is responsible for:
- Ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques.
- Carrying out regularly scheduled instruction, which may include tutoring and academic counselling of students.
- Providing a learning environment that makes effective use of available resources, work experience and field trips.
- Evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student's work within assigned courses.
Course and Curriculum Development:
- Consulting with program and course directors and other faculty members, advisory committees, accrediting agencies, potential employers and students.
- Defining course objectives and evaluating and validating these objectives.
- Specifying or approving learning approaches, necessary resources, etc.
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations where applicable.
- Selecting or approving textbooks and learning materials.
- Providing guidance to Instructors relative to the Instructors' teaching assignments.
- Participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees as requested.
- Leading academic activities such as applied research.
- Contributing to other areas of activity ancillary to the academic programs of the School such as secondary school liaison and outreach.
- Minimum of a completed Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or closely related field. If education is in a related field, state how it is relevant.
- Minimum one (1) year of teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Minimum five (5) years of related industry experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in:
- Endpoint protection and network defense
- Vulnerability, Threat Intelligence, PenTesting
- SIEM, analysis, incident response, forensics
- On-prem and cloud security
- Security strategy, governance, management
- Demonstrated research skills with industry connections.
- Excellent presentation, communication and human relation skills to interact effectively with the College’s multi-cultural/racial/able staff and student population is required, as is an understanding of and commitment to equity in education.
- Commitment to a team approach for problem solving and conflict resolution.