Production Team Lead – MONDAY TO FRIDAY – 2 PM TO 10 PM
City : Richmond Hill, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:100 East Beaver Creek Road, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 1J6
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Location: 100 East Beaver Greek, Richmond Hill.
Central Pharmacy Services is a division of Loblaw/Shoppers Drug Mart that centrally fills prescriptions for patients and provides other prescription processing services. These centralized services enable the Pharmacist and team at Shoppers Drug Mart locations to spend their time focusing on what is important – the patient! We pride ourselves on having awesome team spirit!
We have a great benefits package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, and Employee Share Ownership Plan!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada, making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local Shoppers Drug Mart stores in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise, and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty, and convenience services to Canadians.
The Production Team Lead will assist the Pharmacy Operations Management Team in overseeing the day-to-day workflow process of their team within Operations and to ensure optimal customer service delivery and the needs of the staff and the organization are met. The Production Team Lead will provide coaching and leadership to their team and actively participate in providing expert support for the achievement of daily team and company objectives. The incumbent will facilitate an efficient, professional, and responsible workflow for the team and ensure the successful integration of team members into the pharmacy. As a Production Team Lead, you will also be responsible for performing the functions of a team member necessary, including proper fulfillment of orders.
What do you do:
- Oversee the workflow processes to effectively prioritize and manage efficiencies within your team.
- Act as a liaison between the Pharmacy Operations Management Team and team members providing effective communication regarding team performance, workloads, and meeting the needs of the clients.
- Organize and manage the workloads and priorities of the team.
- Provide effective leadership and regular coaching to team members to maximize productivity and their development and to keep them informed on current and new processes.
- Regularly meet with the Pharmacy Management Team to share information, solve problems, improve efficiencies, and develop policies and procedures to ensure optimal pharmacy operations.
- Regularly review operations and employee performance indicators, including necessary documentation to ensure objectives are met; with assistance from the Pharmacy Operations Management Team, ensure appropriate performance management practices are incorporated, including onboarding of new hires, goal setting, and regular feedback.
- Collaborate with the Pharmacy Operations Management Team in setting the performance goals for the operation
- Ensure proper daily staffing levels to optimize the performance of the operation and the staff.
- Ensure proper receipt, storage maintenance, and security of pharmaceuticals and other inventory, and company property
- Plan and implement the training of new hires
- Ensure effective integration of new team members into the organization
- Ensure the effective completion of all tasks within the operation
- Ensure employee compliance with guidelines and standards for the operation
- Support the production team to ensure prescriptions are produced with 100% accuracy and that delivery timelines are met for all stores
- Follow best practices during ordering, receiving, and inventory management (cycle counts, holding tank, if applicable)
- Monitor the team’s error rate and follow up as required to minimize any repeat occurrences
What will you need:
- A minimum of three (3) years of pharmacy work experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of leadership experience; demonstrated ability to manage others and experience building highly effective teams, and a fun and rewarding culture
- Knowledge of current pharmacy operations is an asset. However, one must demonstrate the ability to acquire satisfactory working knowledge within three months.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate through a variety of computer systems quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Team player and able to work with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail
- Able to work Monday to Friday - EVENING shift - 2 PM to 10 PM.
This role requires employees to be flexible to work various shifts during the business hours of operations, including night or weekend shifts and statutory holidays.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.