Production Support Senior Technical Analyst
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Technical Systems Analyst, you would primarily partner across Information Technology teams to provide technical application support to assigned business line(s). Your focus will be on providing incident management support and ensuring production issues are dealt with and resolved in a timely and efficient manner with minimal impact to business. Additionally, your responsibilities will include researching and analyzing business and technical needs in order to resolve issues by recommending technological solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder needs, preventing and resolving production disruptions, manage risk, improve support effectiveness and continually improve technical processes
What will you do?
- Provides production support services to I&TS based users on application issues and queries while researching and analyzing business and system needs, exploring alternative options to recommend technology solutions and designs that meet sponsor needs and PLC deliverables including component reusability, data sharing and security.
- Provides on-call afterhours support on rotational basis of application, database.
- Flex shift work may be required (day/ afternoon) to help cover work-load or change activities and help balance overtime.
- Lead the investigation and analysis of application technical and functional impact, including root cause analysis leading to operational failures.
- Manage and Resolve production incidents raised by Application users to ensure closure with SLA.
- Resiliency, patching and software compliance to ensure our production environment meets RBC standards.
- Leads detailed design phases for small to large projects/ programs identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues.
- Prepares high level and detailed technical specifications for small to medium projects in accordance with PLC, security and architecture documentation objectives.
- Work together with Project Manager, determines best mix of development, interfacing applications, third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
- Provides input and co-ordinates with DBA in creating new and modifying existing database structures using different types of databases and recommending appropriate DB based on required functionality.
- Effectively communicates and builds rapport with team members, stakeholders and interface groups using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close.
- OS: Unix/AIX
- Microsoft Technologies: MS Excel, Outlook
- SQL Developer
- Mainframe (TSO, JCL, ZEKE)
- Scripting: Unix Scripting, SQL Scripting
- WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
- Availability to support existing applications outside of business hours remotely or onsite and carrying support phone.
- Strong Communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving coupled with the ability to drive issues towards resolution.
- Experience working within the financial sector
- Experience working in TLM (Transaction Lifecycle Management)
- Service Now
- Working within varying size and complexities of projects
- Competency in leadership, conflict resolution, and issue escalations
- Exposure to DevOps automation
- Agile methodology
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.