Production Support Analyst
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Rogers is seeking a Production Support Analyst to support Rogers Radio/TV Broadcast applications for our Digital Media production environment. This position reports to the Manager, Production Support at the Rogers downtown Campus located at 1 Mount Pleasant.
Experience with Radio/TV Broadcast application support, Deskside support or other functions within the Media space is key. Proven ability to work with Media projects to deliver new and enhanced functionality to the business is also key.
What you will be doing:
- Troubleshooting network, application and system issues to resolution and isolating problems using system logs and other tools
- Monitor all performance metrics for various production systems and identify root cause for all technical issues and recommend solutions.
- Managing vendors, including tracking hardware/software issues and driving vendors to resolve issues.
- Following ITIL processes and procedures as it relates to incident management, change management and problem management.
- Work independently to efficiently and effectively resolve customer and client issues and support team members to meet or exceed required SLA’s.
- Manage security across the environment including user administration across various applications
- Manage service requests related to domains, DNS and URL redirects.
- Provide initial incident management, follow-up and root cause reporting
- Document technical information, notes, user guides, etc. for internal or client use.
- Delivery of cross-training to other team members where required
- 24x7 accessibility and outside of business hours project work. Subject to on-call on a rotational basis.
What you have:
- Strong Jira / Confluence and Akamai support experience.
- Significant experience working in a web-based environment supporting multiple websites and web-based applications.
- Previous experience as Webmaster and/or Akamai support is a plus.
- Deep understanding of SSL Certificates and DNS management.
- Experience managing web platforms (Heroku PaaS, etc.)
- Must have a strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of users/management
- Strong organization skills, interpersonal skills and significant attention to details
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills in order to identify problems determine possible solutions and select the appropriate action.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, make decisions, solve problems and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team on multiple simultaneous tasks within a challenging fast paced customer-oriented environment.
- Experience supporting mobile (iPad, iPhone, Android) applications.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Flexibility to work both remote and onsite after the pandemic ends
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Schedule: Full time
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment