City : Winnipeg
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Production Supervisor – Winnipeg - Night Shift
The Production Supervisor plays an integral role within our manufacturing facilities. You will be the coach on the playing field, providing leadership and guidance to our team members. You lead by example and inspire your team to deliver top results. You are passionate about safety and promote a culture where safety comes first. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. Your approach is collaborative and offer a forum where everyone feels comfortable to bring forward new ideas.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
• Work closely with the team members to deliver winning results to meet both daily and weekly production schedules
• Participate in audits
• Resolve employee issues through counselling sessions, investigations or grievance meetings as needed
• Active participant in daily team meetings
• Collaborate with cross functional teams such as FSQA, Reliability, Human Resources
• Foster a positive employee relations culture by treating all employees with respect, listening to their concerns and provide a timely response where needed
• Facilitate safety talks and task observations
• Administration duties such as payroll, scheduling and shift reports
What we have to offer you:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
• Post-Secondary education
• A few years of comparable work experience within a manufacturing environment
• Personable demeanor with a knack for communication
• Progressive leader
• Team Player
• System savvy and very comfortable with using Microsoft Office tools
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated