Production Supervisor, Electrical (Backshift)
City : Halifax
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Transportation equipment manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR, ELECTRICAL (BACK/ NIGHT SHIFT)
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding is proud to be Canada’s National Shipbuilder. Over the next 30 years, our shipbuilders will construct 20+ modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of the largest defence procurement project in Canadian history.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on these vessels. We are committed to building the best ships, with the best workforce in the best facilities. By joining our team of more than 2,300 shipbuilders, you can enjoy a dynamic, diverse, and family-friendly career with a company dedicated to your success, learning, health, wellness, and safety.
At Irving Shipbuilding, we’re making history – why not make it with us? Learn more about careers at Irving Shipbuilding: shipsforcanada.ca/opportunities.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Production Supervisor, Electrical for the backshift (11:00PM– 7:30AM), with flexibility to cover the night shift (4:30PM – 1:00AM), as needed.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued. ISI is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the workplace to persons with disabilities. Candidates who require accommodation during the selection process are invited to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completion of relevant College Technical/Vocational Training
- Red Seal electrical
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- 4+ years applicable trade work experience
- 5+ years Marine/Industrial work experience considered an asset.
- Applicants should have a proven record of managing work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Experience mentoring, training and/or coaching.
- Proficient with Computers. Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, Kronos, Aviva considered an asset.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Supervise, co-ordinate, and assign work activities to multi-skilled crew of unionized trades team members.
- Ensure work is progressing safely, efficiently and correctly in accordance with ship build schedule.
- Co-ordinate scheduled and unscheduled work activities with other units within the production assembly hall.
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Train crew members in job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Performance Manage assigned crew members.
- Complete daily time entry for assigned crew members.
- Prepare production and other reports.
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies.
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies.
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if eligible)
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.