City : Guelph
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
Health & Safety / Food Safety / HACCP
• Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Maintain quality and legislative requirements by adhering to and enforcing Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
Planning / Prioritizing
• Plan, direct, engage and understand daily production operations while anticipating and troubleshooting production problems.
• Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning employees, establishing priorities, revising schedules, and resolving problems.
• Measure performance and achieve Continuous Improvement in processes to implement cost reductions while maintaining quality.
• Strive to continuously improve; employee relations, yields, labour results, equipment, sanitation, personal job knowledge, etc.
• Develop, direct, manage, train, and motivate employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
• Contribute to team work and foster positive employee relations by communicating effectively with peers, employees and managers.
• Maintaining employee adherence to Employee handbook and Plant policies & procedures.
• Responsible for the administration of employee suggestions, business plan projects, time & attendance, grievances, attendance and health & safety meetings.
• SAP relating to Production
• Kronos – time and attendance
What we have to offer you:
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
• Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
• Post secondary diploma and/or degree (e.g., management studies, business).
• Two years of supervisory work experience.
• Experience working within a manufacturing facility.
• CPR and First Aid certified.
• A proven track record of proactively managing Employee Relations /Management relationship
• Effective communication skills to lead, motivate, coach, mentor and resolve employee conflict and developing people to achieve positions of greater responsibility
• Results orientated, able to work as part of a functional team and must be an exceptional fit with our Maple Leaf Leadership Edge Core Values
• Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments involving sensitive and confidential issues under stressful conditions
• Excellent planning and organizational skills plus the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Self starter with good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Continuous learner and willingness to embrace change.
• Flexible to work shifts.
• Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience with Kronos and SAP an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated