City : Hamilton
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
• Coordinates input from cross-functional areas (operations, supply chain planning, and procurement) to assist in laying out production requirements to achieve customer service levels
• Determine materials and labour required to satisfy production requirements
• Maintain and execute SAP detailed scheduling functions
• Plan WIP and FG inventory and determine appropriate levels in order to meet production plan
• Timely creation of weekly and daily production schedules and sequences for use in production execution
• Manage plant constraints and effectively plan for operational efficiencies and balanced workload
• Drive departmental continuous improvement initiatives
• Responsible to work in conjunction with procurement and least cost formulation to ensure sustainable flow of raw materials based on production schedule
• Assists with new product launches to ensure product is scheduled and materials are all available for launches
• Responsible for customer service levels and plant conformance levels by effectively scheduling the production line(s) and analyzing root causes of conformance shortfalls for future prevention.
• Participate in functional teams in relation to capacity management (planned maintenance, scheduled QA hold, etc.)
• Responsible for preparing various weekly reports that track and measure progress
• Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
• The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
• Post-secondary education (APICS certification is desirable) and have knowledge of food processing and distribution
• 5+ years experience in production control, planning, inventory control and/or materials in a fast paced manufacturing environment
• Experience using SAP including PP/DS
• Proficient in Supply Chain concepts (safety stock planning, MRP calculations, scheduling constraints and bottlenecks, etc.)
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence and impact others at various levels within the organization to achieve results
• Ability to use complex optimizing tools to reduce production costs including changeovers and downtime
• Format (New Century) Least Cost Formulation experience an asset
• Lean/Six Sigma or equivalent experience
• Advanced in Microsoft office and applications
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated