Production Operator, Fairlife
City : Peterborough ON, CA
Category : FullTime
Industry : Consumer Products
Employer : Coca-Cola Canada
The role of the Production Operator-l will be part of our brand new Fairlife dairy production plant in Peterborough, Ontario and will be required to effectively operate, troubleshoot, clean, maintain and optimize manufacturing equipment within processing and packaging operations.
The Production Operator plays a key role in the identification of performance issues and actively contributes to the resolution of problems and the continuous improvement of the plant performance.This is accomplished through strict adherence to prescribed equipment operating parameters, closely monitoring the performance of the process equipment and taking action to reduce occurrences of both efficiency and/or material losses.
Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities:
- Understand the production “Sequence of Operation”.
- Ability to operate multiple pieces of production equipment within processing and packaging operations. Operations include equipment such as but not limited to milk separators, batching and blending equipment, heat treatment equipment, homogenizer, filler, labeler, caser, Clean In Place equipment, testing and monitoring equipment, etc
- Proficiency in understanding, monitoring and remediating machine malfunction alarms and ability to efficiently and effectively manage solutions.
- Ability to access and analyze machine reports, alarm log, and system monitoring pages from the operator console(s).
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information in order to promptly and efficiently diagnose equipment problems and correctly adjust the machine to resolve operational issues
- Monitor machine performance and quickly identify incorrect machine performance and implement first-level troubleshooting to implement corrective measures.
- Must perform all Clean In Place (CIP), duties including chemical testing and documentation.
- Safely operate a forklift to retrieve materials necessary.
- Perform operator-based preventive maintenance on manufacturing equipment including disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly.
- Assist maintenance technicians in the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain accurate records and logs as required.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the execution of the work schedule.
- Ensure the area is maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
- Work directly with cross-departmental personnel to problem-solve to ensure maximum production efficiencies.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment including immediately correcting or reporting safety issues to your supervisor.
- Perform quality checks and accurate quality documentation as required
- Ability to conduct milk and in process compositional testing involving use of laboratory instrumentation devices.
- Read, understand and comply with standard operating procedures, Material Safety Data Sheets, and follow safety requirements inclusive of Lock-out / Tag Out procedures.
- Ability to identify deficiencies within area of responsibility and take or recommend appropriate corrective actions to remove deficiency.
- Able to set up and changeover equipment independently in an efficient and effective manner.
- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Ability to effectively provide training on role to others as assigned.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by management
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Related Work Experience:
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in manufacturing.
- Proficient in the use of computers to input manufacturing data.
- Ability to bend, lift and/or twist.
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Ability to grip, grasp, and squeeze materials, parts, hand tools, and products.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Standing and walking for continuous periods, including 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shift or required necessary hours.
- Ability to work 8-hour, 10-hour or 12-hour shifts or required necessary hours to meet the business requirements.
- Forklift Certified or ability to become certified in a reasonable timeframe.
- Must have the ability and willingness to cross train in other departments
- Ability to travel outside of Canada and possess a valid passport.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner while ensuring achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- Ability to trouble-shoot production-related problems.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under challenging situations
- Ability to participate in job development training (i.e. trouble-shooting, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact our HR Shared Service team by calling 1-877-677-6774. Coca-Cola Limited will consult with all applicants with a disability who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicants individual accessibility needs.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.