Production General Supervisor
City : Brandon
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:Reporting to the Production Manager, the General Supervisor will be responsible for and provide direction to a team of Production Supervisors. This role will be accountable for ensuring lines are running effectively and optimally within their area with a trained team in place at all times. You lead by example and inspire your team to deliver top results. You are passionate about safety and promote a culture where safety comes first. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. Your approach is collaborative and offer a forum where everyone feels comfortable to bring forward new ideas.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by September6, 2023. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Provide direct leadership to the supervisory team.
- Ensure effective implementation and compliance with all Health and Safety initiatives and programs.
- Ensuring open and effective communications with other Production areas, QA Manager, Maintenance General Supervisor, and all other departments within the plant to maximize production efficiencies.
- Monitors and challenges the team to meet standards in yields/efficiencies on a daily basis.
- Leads their team to strive for continuous improvements to make us best in class.
- Assist with the application and administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and ensuring compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Providing support to the preparation of the annual budget; and focus on efficient cost-effective management.
- Department Champion for continuous improvement initiatives in technology, upgrading equipment/materials, purchasing, and quality programs.
- Ensure effective implementation and compliance with all Food Safety initiatives.
- Understand and work with state-of-the-art automation (SAP/MES/SCADA/Equipment HMI).
- Applies knowledge and ensures compliance with CFIA, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, Health & Safety, and other legislative bodies that impact plant performance.
- Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with proven performance management and leadership skills.
- Relevant post-secondary education would be an asset.
- Ability to work overnights, start early and finish late.
- Previous technical sanitation knowledge would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, team building and motivational skills.
- Well-developed English communication skills (verbal, written, reading)
- Excellent initiative and leadership skills
- Proven commitment to good manufacturing practices
- Demonstrated ability to exercise effective judgment in business decisions.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced production environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations is an asset.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.